or Connect

Posts by megan sacha

Truthfully, most of this sounds pretty normal to me.  Young children can't well regulate their emotions.  The reason for this is that they can't hold onto to two thoughts or feelings at the same time such as "I'm mad my sister took my spot on the couch" AND "I love my sister and don't want to hurt her."  Until between the ages of 5 and 7, they usually can only experience one of these at a time.  So, they might feel really angry and hit and then moments later feel bad...
Thanks for the reply treehugginhippie.  Well, it's not a matter of needing to wake him.  We do goodnight routine and then leave and he goes to sleep on his own.  On the nights he poops, I think he's doing it right before he falls asleep.  And, he often poops after dinner, right before bed, and then poops again in bed.  I guess perhaps there isn't a solution other than to just put him in underwear, cross our fingers and hope he chooses NOT to poop in his underwear because...
no one else in this situation?  Ack!
DS has been out of diapers and without any accidents during the day for 18 months, but he still wears a diaper at night.  While I was pg with his sister (15 months today) she started pooping in his night diaper after we put him to bed and either we didn't catch it and he had a very sore bottom in the am or we caught it and changed him when we came to bed.  I feel like maybe he started the pooping every night after we put him to bed as a result of stress from me being pg,...
DS is a bit past 4.5 and he's quite obsessed with small robots (well all, but those we can afford more).  He's got a collection of hexbugs, skitterbot, and lots of zibits.  It's been almost a year of obsession now.  He also likes to build things with his blocks (including tracks/running space/performing/playground space for robots) and loves marble runs.  We  have two types and he loves a third type that his friend has.   Not at all into guns, knights, pirates, etc....
No real advice to you...just wanted to commiserate.  I think that DD's arrival is most likely the cause of the sleep disturbances.  Before my DD (10.5 mo) was born, DS (3 yr, 5 mo when she was born) mostly took naps and went to bed around 7-7:30.  If he skipped a nap he'd go to bed around 6 and either way he'd sleep all night until 7-7:30 am.  Since DD was born he completely stopped napping and started waking between 4-5am and sometimes as early as 3.  We bedshare with...
I just joined ThredUp and liked it on Facebook.  I am looking for girls clothes.  Thanks!
DD turned 8 months today and our nighttime routine is for her to fall asleep on me in the living room and stay there until we get into bed together. I don't feel this is a good habit anymore at this age (too much stimulation in the living room) and I'm tired of being tied down and feel I'm contributing to bad overall sleep with this situation.  So, I'm trying to get her down without me earlier in the evening and my goal is to eventually put her to sleep in the bedroom...
So there with you right now.  Holding my 6 mo old who has been screaming in my arms for 20 mins so far because I will not give her the boob.  She was on it for most of the first 2 hrs of her sleep (like usual) andI'm cracking down.  So tired and hurting from 5+ months of all-night nursing.  Hard habit to break with her 3 yr old brother in the bed too since I can't just let her cry.  And the crying is so heart-breaking.
DW, DS who is almost 4, 6 mo old DD and I all sleep in a King bed.  Works for us most of the time.