or Connect

Posts by pinky

Hey there,   I hope you don't mind my crashing this thread, but I'm hoping there might be some central NY moms who could offer some advice to me.  I started my own thread but haven't gotten any replies....   We spend every July in central NY (Chenango Co.), and I'm looking for some dance classes (especially ballet) that my increasingly serious dancer can take while we're there.  She doesn't want to take a whole month off any more!   Some places I've found...
If you can get to a Whole Foods, their 365 organic milk is not UP.  And comes from pasture-based cows. Some Organic Valley milk is UP, and some is not, so you have to label read carefully.   You should be able to freeze and keep the milk basically indefinitely.
Hi there,   We spend every July in central NY (Chenango Co.), and I'm looking for some dance classes (especially ballet) that my increasingly serious dancer can take while we're there.  She doesn't want to take a whole month off any more!   Some places I've found online are the Cazenovia School of Ballet (in Cazenovia), Amber Perkins Dance and Donna Frech School of Dance (both in Norwich).   If anyone can provide feedback on any of these places or make any...
Okay, I don't really mean extra-curricular, but I couldn't figure out a better concise way to talk about out-of-the-home-passionate-interests-that-take-up-a-lot-of time.  If she were in school, they would be extra-curricular, but obviously she is not--and I don't consider them distinct from her other learning activities.   But the thing is, they do take up a lot of time.   Just over a year and a half ago, my almost 11-yo daughter started dancing.  She loves it. ...
We love Dr. Vines at Family-Centered Health Care in Hillsborough.  Definitely open-minded about vaxing!
I was also going to suggest La Leche League meetings.  Here's a link to the CH LLL group page: http://www.lllofchapelhill.org/  

Durham and the surrounding area has a really vibrant secular homeschooling community.  More classes and activities and all sorts of stuff than you could ever fit into your schedule.  And I find that we run into homeschoolers all over the place--for example, at the dance studio where my kids take class, there are lots of homeschoolers.   My kids are currently involved in a computer class, girl scouts, a muscial theatre class, and a Shakespeare production--all just for...
Had baby #2 at UNC with Family Practice and it was as good an experience as a hospital birth can be, I think. One thing that's nice about FP is that they don't work under the OBs, which technically the MWs do.  Even when my VBAC labor was going on and on and the OBs were getting antsy, my FP docs kept them away from me. And it's great that both the mama and the baby have the same docs.    My main advice would be to explore all your options (you have plenty of...
I'm also curious about the specifc kinds of interests that you're talking about.   My kids are 10 and almost 7, and when there is interest in something new, we talk about resources--time and money, usually.  At least if something involves taking a class of one kind or another, we talk about how that might fit into our schedule, how busy we are right now, what things we might need to give up to make it happen.  Sometimes there's been an interest in something that I...