or Connect

Posts by guestmama9904

i just made great peanut butter cookies that are 80% tf, but you could do them 100%. i followed mark bittmans regular pb cookie recipe and subbed my tf ingredients when needed: cream 2 sticks butter with 3/4 cup sucanat, 3/4-1 cup real pb chrunchy or smooth, add in two eggs, blend, add some vannilla. then mix wet ingredients with 1 teaspoon baking bowder, 2 cups flour of your choice, i used 1 cup sprouted whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup almond meal and 1/2 c white king...
i have a big blended family too, though no teens yet, but altogether we have a baby and a 6, 7, and 8 year old, yikes. with your dsd could you ask her mom when she is going to have her/not have her so you would know what the schedule was? i know you arent asking for blended family advice specifically but i think having a set custody arrangement/schedule really helps the whole family and is especially stabilizing for younger kids. anyways... i would just not have the...
share it with my kids, they can eat about 1-2 grapefruits each day. invest in some nice grapefruit spoons and enjoy!
Quote: Originally Posted by BarnMomma I find that while most people (most) admire the way our family eats (organic/local/grow our own/raw dairy) a lot fo people just don't CARE. I think they believe that if it was really all that bad for you, it would stop lining the shelves of the supermarket. ... so true. i think many intelligent, interesting people do not care that much about the food they eat or feed their kids. it just maybe isnt in...
Quote: Originally Posted by TanyaLopez I've read not to give relatively large quantities, say a cup a day, to younger kids, less than 4-ish, because the bacterial mix it promotes is more adult than child-like. I'd give my kids a tablespoon a day, that seems fairly small (assuming you don't have chronic and/or unexplained health issues that don't know what the cause is--for the toxin mobilization issue). That said--kids who are having trouble with...
i would suggest ians bread crumbs if you dont want to make your own http://www.iansnaturalfoods.com/breadcrumbs.html i really dont think any campbells soup is healthy. id skip the chicken breast too and do skin-on thighs or drumsticks or skin on breasts. regular white flour noodles arent a "health" food per sey, they are basically even more processed then some white bread.
Quote: Originally Posted by gbailey To me, goat's milk and cow's milk (whether raw or not) are traditional foods. hmm. well i kinda have to politely diagree. traditional peoples did not pasturize animal milk. pasturization is a very modern invention and while i certainly dont have the whole history or time to write it even if i knew it by heart, i venture to say that the traditional way to eat dairy is either cultured or in its raw, unprocessed...
Quote: Originally Posted by gbailey i hear ya but we've done our research and raw goat or cow is not the way for us but thanks for the info ok. i just assumed since you posted this in the tf forum and generally speaking tf advice would be to use raw dairy above all else. it certainly isnt easy to find for everyone.
2165 cals isnt enough imho if you are excersizing frequently and breastfeeding. in eat fat lose fat the authors state 2500 cals as the MINIMUM for nursing moms, not athletes who are nursing moms. assuming the op is truly running 5 hours a week she probably needs about 500 cals per hour of excersize, so 2500 extra cals per week, so approximately 350 extra calories a day due to the excersize. unless of course weight loss is a major goal. but just to maintain i would guess...
Quote: Originally Posted by gbailey i'm not breastfeeding. meyenberg goat milk is fortified with vitamins including folic acid. if i was to give another animal milk to a baby i would try and find a good source of raw goat or cow milk.