or Connect

Posts by Stacymom

Wow, I haven't been on this thread or on MDC forever!  Greencat, the Bach Double has two separate violin parts.  The second violin part is in Book 4, and the 1st violin part in book 5.  IMO, neither part is necessarily much harder than the other.  With the revised edition, I actually think the 2nd violin part might be a bit harder because of all the 2nd position work.  Our teacher actually puts half her students on each part so we can play it together at group, so my...
I could have written your post- I'm in an almost identical situation. I had a great homebirth almost two years ago, I'm a doula and have attended lots of fantastic homebirths. So when I got pregnant again, I just went forward planning another homebirth. Problem is, I've felt unsettled the whole pregnancy. Never felt like the midwife was a good fit, never able to visualize a homebirth, etc. I kept stuffing it into the back of my mind until my dh brought it up, and told...
I haven't been around this forum forever~ there are a bunch of natural moms over on www.thecrunchymormonforum.com, if you want to come find us there. As far as bottoms, I'm 28 weeks now, and wear the waistband under my belly. I've loved maternity bottoms in other pregnancies, but can't stand them now. There's a gap sometimes between the top and the bottom, but I'm not buying maternity tops at this point.
Wow, I haven't been around here forever! Miranda, I'm right in the middle of the Perpetual Motion with my daughter who's eight, and two of my students who are 11 and 13 have just started it. My daughter is learning it pretty quickly. We spent a week or two doing preview spots, then by the end of the third week we had it memorized. She's playing it for a recital in a few weeks, but we're also going to be starting the Bach Double next week. (Yay!) I dunno, I think...
I have a 15 month old little boy that's scheduled for major surgery at the end of March. It's his second surgery, and when he had his original surgery, he required a blood trasfusion roughly equal to his entire blood volume. I am facing some pressure to vaccinate him, and have no intention of doing so. The whole idea is ridiculous to me. However, what I need to know is if there have been any studies or anyone knows about the effectiveness of vaccines before or after...
I haven't been on MDC forever, but I need some vax help, and I don't have time to go sifting through all the BS that's out there. Here's the situation. I have an eight year old and a six year old who attend public school. I also have a 15 month old baby boy who has some health issues and is scheduled for major surgery at the end of March. This is his second major surgery, and it has already been rescheduled twice. We're at a point where it needs to be done as soon...
The midwives at the U of U are amazing. I've worked closely with three of them, and was a doula for one of their homebirths! Plus, the U hospital is very baby and mama friendly. Here's their link. The ones I've worked the most with are Jen Martin, Claudia Gerrard, and Celeste Thomas. Another option is Danielle Demeter. I'm hoping this is a current phone # 435-655-6617. She's amazing. I did a birth as a doula with her and she was great- she's very into helping...
My 10 month old son bit me while nursing today. It happened so fast that I couldn't get him off before he pulled himself off with his teeth, literally shredding my nipple. I have 4-5 spots that are bloody. This happened a few hours ago and I tried to nurse on that side just now, and couldn't. We've had a rough go of nursing and a lot of painful moments, but nothing has hurt as bad as trying to nurse just now. So how do I heal that nipple? Do I need to not nurse...
So what do you do when it all falls apart? I'm so frustrated with our practicing right now, and I really am at my wits end. Some background: I'm a Suzuki violin teacher, and my dd is 7 and has been playing for 4 years. We're currently in the middle of book 4- Seitz 3. She's working with a very demanding teacher who both my daughter and I love, who is very picky. We have hour long lessons, 1 1/2 hour groups twice a month and we're expected to practice 1 1/2 hrs a...
Miranda, those are awesom ideas. Thanks! And re: upsizing instruments. Can I just say ugh! We're in the process of moving from a 1/8 to a 1/4, and although I worked in music retail for 10 years and know the business inside and out, I still don't like the process! We found 1/4 Pygmalius that we like, but I'm hating the bow that we have with it. My daughter is starting 3rd Seitz in Bk 4, and working on spicatto, etc, and the bow is terrible! Its just really, really...