or Connect

Posts by riverundine

lots of i'm sorry to hear that you're feeling exhausted, alone and anxious. it makes it so hard to fully revel in the blessings that have been bestowed upon us. i remember after dd1 was born and dh was back at work if i was feeling depressed i'd nurse her and look out our window on lake tahoe just rattling off all the blessings in my life. it'd make me feel slightly better, just getting my mind to move to another, better, place. relationship issues stink, and...
we never asked with dd1. she started going to a sitters house 2x/wk at 3 months. one of their kids always seemed to have a cold. i wanted her exposed to germs. dd1, i believe due to all the boobmilk, never caught anything. her first illness was the flu that seemed to sweep the nation this winter. she was 2.5 yrs, and got the most mild form of anyone in our household. that said... dd2 caught a bit of a cough during our bout w/ the epic flu this winter. a week later...
laurel is outside making snowpeople with dh right now...it's too cute!!! it snowed a ton yesterday - full on blizzard - and now it's sunny and beautiful. the first was also sunny and beautiful. does that mean, though, that it's going out like a lion? i really hope not!
Yay March!!! :::
i agree that 3 weeks is a long time, but it definitely depends on the child. as an avid and long time boater, a grand trip is worth really thinking about it. personally, knowing my dd, also 2.5, is very independent, content with various situations (we've moved every 6 months since her birth, she's gone to a different daycare with each move and loved every one...), and open with change, i'd weigh heavily towards going. if you haven't been, it's truly a once in a...
definitely state by state. an mdc mama had her infant taken temporarily in tx just a couple of years ago. luckily he went to the grandparents but it was quite the ordeal. luckily the left coast doesn't put families through that unnecessary drama.
i'm gonna miss the ddc here too. i subbed to the new board, but i find it a bit too much for me. it's beautiful, but there are too many places to go (for me). for the simplicity factor i hope the lwab thread gets revitalized. i'll see what i can do - for those of us that aren't functioning so well in the new realm. i don't wanna break up . i love all y'all mamas .
we have an appt for the 10th...with a little old man. we'll see how well he knows ppd, i suppose. not too many options in a town of 1400. i feel pretty good about it, so hopefully he'll be just what we need. we went about 5 years ago, just 3 or 4 times i think. it was just what we needed at the time. neither of us particularly preferred the woman, but it gave us something to talk about when we left. i can't ask him for anything right now. he's too stressed out. ...
same as they've been my whole pregnancy and postpartum. we either ignore the situation that has passed or go right back to the same place. so time helps us get back to the screwed up regularity. we both love each other but neither of us is really happy. i called the counseler and am waiting for a call back.
i'm going to freak out if one more dora thing enters my home. i just about did last night. i was coming back to bed last night and looked down at laurel. she was in dora pj bottoms and a dora nightie, under a dora blankie with a dora book opened across her chest. it's out of control . i bought a dora dvd once. she loved it and her relatives ran with it. pap sent the bottoms, grammy sent the nightie, aunt sent the blankie, uncle brought 6 dora books and 2 dora...