or Connect

Posts by riverundine

Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthla All the evidence I've seen is that flouride can be helpful when used topically, not when ingested. I don't think it's always needed and I don't buy flouride toothpaste for my own family. I'm very thankful that our local water supply is flouride-free, and I never used the flouride-containing vitamins for any of my children (well, I might have for a few months after moving here before doing much research, I honestly can't...
dd2 is 6 weeks and i think all she does is eat and sleep, as they say, but seriously...today she woke up at 8:00am and was awake for an hour, then she woke again at 10 and was awake for maybe 30 minutes, then slept until 1 and was awake for maybe an hour, then slept until 4:30 and was awake maybe an hour, if that, then she's been asleep ever since (it's about 9:30). she looks healthy, acts healthy, seems healthy...she was 8 lbs 8 ounces at birth and was 11 lbs 14 ounces...
what are these products and what are they all about?
if it's a thrushy type rash i swab a mix of 10 drops grapefruit seed extract to 1 ounce distilled water many times a day. if it's more raw and sore looking i powder with arrowroot. i've had great success with both.
Quote: Originally Posted by 636Jen Posting to my own post here..... Do you think the cold saved this baby? A lot of times, doctors will lower a premature infant's body temperature to lessen the chances of brain damage. The baby seems to have quite a bit of bruising around the chest. I have to wonder though.... How did the baby detatch from the cord? (Mother? From the fall?) How did the baby not bleed out? (again, maybe from the cold?) Did the...
i like to think of my stretch marks, which are many, as my road map to motherhood. i had a wonderful massage therapist once say, "beautiful tiger stripes," and really mean it. but as much as i'd love to love them, i don't. i try. but i don't. i'm more okay with the stretch marks than i am with the saggy pooch, though. there's no going back for the pooch, which is frustrating. i truly wish our society found the mother afterbelly, not just the maiden belly, super...
Quote: I am trying to appreciate February and March....but so far I have come only to some kind of grudging acceptance. here here!
thanks for the link to kneelingwoman's blog. i appreciate what she had to say...and especially resonated with this: Quote: Originally Posted by kneelingwoman How can we convince women that we offer safe, compassionate, one-to-one care if we only want to deal with women who are choosing from the "approved" menu? I've learned that I can "midwife" women who elect a caesarian section because being "with woman" means that I am with her; alongside, not...
what beautiful and peaceful labor pictures, tracy and wrennie is a dream ~ sooo beautiful ! i'm assuming the female is your sister and she was able to be there for the birth!? sending healing vibes for poor august's foot. what a bummer. and what a trooper! and what a blessing that you get to have some sacred mama/dada/wrennie time for your babymoon hh - cheeriotwins - welcome to august 05 mamas! so happy to have you join us! as for pl-ing, hopefully...
it was super nice to see my brother. he left yesterday. it helped distract, definitely. dh and i got in two fights while he was here. one was over the damn trash. there are 3 things i would like dh to help with, regularly, outside of his own work. they are trash, compost and recycling. he snapped the other night cuz the trash was overflowing. now that i'm healed from pregnancy and birth apparently i have to add this to my list of things to take care of. but he...