or Connect

Posts by essnce629

My entire family sees Dr. Donna Cashdan in Sherman Oaks. She is a D.O. and a family doctor. She is perfectly fine with me not vaccinating my kids at all. She has never questioned me about it and has never rushed to prescribe medicines for anything.   http://www.drcashdan.com
Where are you located? I'm in Los Angeles (with family in San Diego as well) and would love to expose DS2 to pox if your DS comes down with it. If he gets it and you're in the area please update this post.  
Are you looking for a CNM for a hospital birth or a homebirth midwife? With DS1 I had a homebirth with Anne Sommers. She's in the Murrieta/Lake Elsinore area. I loved her and would have used her again for DS2's birth but we were living out of state at the time.   http://www.dear-midwife.com/Home.aspx
Yes, everything I've read said that both the vax and immunoglobulin are extremely effective at preventing infection if they are taken within 14 days of exposure. I just ate the berries yesterday, so yes, I still have 13 days to figure it out. I would not get the vax, but unlike the vax, the immunoglobulin is short acting and is ok for infants under 1, pregnant and nursing women, the elderly, and people that are immunocompromised or allergic to the vax. The vax stays in...
I haven't posted on here in a while and don't know if this is the right place so please move if it's not!   Hepatitis A outbreak linked to berries sold at Costco http://www.fox21news.com/news/story.aspx?id=904528#.Uak_dpzzsrk I buy these berries all the time and just ate them this morning! And my mom was here last weekend watching the kids and ate them too! I don't give them to the kids and DBF doesn't eat them either. Article says "...if you have eaten...
  What if insurance would cover the cost 100%? Would you still recommend skipping them?   I just took both boys to the dentist today and the dentist was talking to me about putting sealants on DS1's 4 molars. She said it was totally up to me and that she usually recommends them for younger kids (around 5-6) to help prevent cavities, but since DS1 is already 8 1/2 and has never had a cavity and based on his exam said it looks like he has great dental hygeine she said it...
I am anti-vaccine for my family and really enjoyed the movie! But I like all those virus/end of the world movies. "Wash your hands" is what I got out of it, especially after it was mentioned that the average person touches their face thousands a time a day! I think it's 3-5 times every waking minute!
DS2 had whooping cough last year when he was 19 months old. I heard that you can get it more than once. I have to agree with ma2two that sodium ascorbate is the best treatment plan. DS was significantly better after just 24 hours of taking SA. I was also taking it in high doses since I was nursing him at the time. I also noticed a huge difference when using the homeopathic remedy Drosera. DS's cough was a lot worse when we ran out of the remedy. DS2 is the only one in...
Thanks! This was perfect!  
I have my montessori class observation tomorrow and was wondering what I should look out for or what questions I should ask afterwards? DS2 will be 2 1/2 next month and we've been going to the Montessori parent & me class for the past couple of weeks and have loved it so far. I will be observing the 3-6 year old classrooms which I haven't seen yet since our parent & me class is on Saturdays. Thanks in advance!