or Connect

Posts by swimswamswum

Quote: Originally Posted by annettemarie I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it was the only place I was allowed to nurse. I'd think "Oh, how nice" and then nurse wherever I wanted to. Me too. I will nurse anywhere, but DD won't . Now that she's an active toddler, she has to be somewhere calm and quiet to nurse seriously. We often end up nursing in bathroom lounge areas or in the car. I wish there were more quiet, out of the way...
Your DH is acting really badly. Good for you for not mutilating your child because of your husband's penis issues. FWIW, I live in Michigan and only know two little boys who are circ'ed (I move in a pretty crunchy circle, but I know for sure there will be lots of guys his age whose mamas left their penises alone). In some areas of the state the rate of intact boys is much, much higher than 10%. Even if it was 1% you're still doing the right thing. You know better...
We do green smoothies almost daily. Blend kale, a banana, some water/milk, and then fruit like blueberries or other kinds of berries or an apple or whatever. They're really good and so good for you.
Ahh- you said that. Sorry I didn't catch that part. I had some awful supply issues with DD and found that when I ate high fat things, she gained better. It is such a horrible, scary thing to feel like your child isn't getting enough to eat. You're doing an awesome job responding to her needs. Quote: Originally Posted by YesandNo Thanks for the advice and encouragement, all. I will definitely be working on giving her more avocado, egg yolks,...
I don't have much advice, but want to point out that bananas are not high in fat. I know there are organic toddler formulas out there- they carry them at most health food stores. I am curious about if she's not drinking EBM, what makes you think she'll want formula? I'm not trying to snark, I just wonder whether she'll drink other things. Good luck!
Quote: Originally Posted by akaisha i totally hear what you're saying, SSS, but i think those things aren't necesearily related to HBC specifically, but just to birth control in general. in your situation, you chose to accomplish those goals w/ the help of HBC, someone else might choose to do it with perfect condom use, or FAM, or whatever. ykwim? definitely one of those "knowledge is power" situations. i'm glad there are so many options out there for...
I am currently opposed to taking hormonal bc because I'm nursing and really struggled to build up a good supply and don't want to jeopardize that or expose DD to all of the hormones. I am not against the pill though. I am just against it for me at this stage in my life. I was on the pill for 10 years and loved it! I never had any problems with it and I got pregnant 3 months after I went off it. I love that I was able to enjoy sex and not get pregnant until I was...
To all of you who've lost so greatly. The election, was definitely the high point of 2008 for me.
This year we paid off my student loans. In 2009, we're paying off our car so our mortgage will be our only debt. We plan on putting the money that we were spending on our car payment towards our IRAs and retirement. I plan on continuing frugal practices like using the library, hanging laundry when it's nice, cooking from scratch, and buying used. I also want to get better at meal planning and decluttering/simplifying what we have and becoming satisfied with what we...
This doesn't seem to be a frugality question to me. It seems like a question about ethics and honesty. Returning a three year old used item in a new box is deceptive. It doesn't have anything to do with frugality- it has to do with honesty and integrity.