or Connect

Posts by UrbanSimplicity

I am on a mission to get LLL and others to stop telling women piercings are fine.  If you've had piercings, absolutely, plan on bfing your baby.  For many it works out with no problem.  But not everyone.  Having breasts fill with milk and have no exit is extremely painful and leads to involution.  If it happens to one breast, you still have the other, but if it should happen to both --- no breastfeeding.  I nursed for a total of 6 years with one breast due to scar tissue...
It's been some time since I posted on MDC but what better place to turn for support and hopefully ideas.  I exclusively nursed my 2 dds who are now 6 and 4 for a total of 6 years.  I had nipple piercings for 10 years before I had children and when both daughters eventually refused my left breast that was a low-producer I figured it was due to slow flow and scar tissue.  I do mom to mom bf support and will sit the exam next month to become a lactation consultant.  It is...
I am pretty well versed in homeschooling/unschooling/waldorf and have read all the early Enki guides - which are very thorough.  My dd is on the cusp of kindy/grade 1 and we are going to try Chrisopherus Grade 1 package.  But - I am wondering if I am missing out on anything by not getting Donna's more basic foundation guides :   The Journey Begins At Home: A Waldorf Early Years Guide Kindergarten With Your Three To Six Year Old Waldorf Curriculum Overview For...
I hope this is OK to post here?   I would love the support of MDC mamas in helping put the brakes on a growing trend in NYC - I've cut and pasted the info below from the petition I authored.  I realize this is the homebirth forum, I am a homebirther myself, but I feel this is both the safest place for this discussion on MDC, and the place where I'd find the most women interested.   Thanks for reading!!   Hello - It has come to my attention...
I hope this is OK to post here?   I would love the support of MDC mamas in helping put the brakes on a growing trend in NYC - I've cut and pasted the info below from the petition I authored.   Thanks for reading!!   Hello - It has come to my attention that many women in my community (Williamsburg Brooklyn, and NYC at large) are being met with resistance from their hospital or caregiver when they express their desire to take home their placenta after giving...
Just a quick note to say I have this pain in all 3 pregnancies thus far - and stretching/yoga is the WORSE for me.  I have very flexible hips and what I need is stablization.  I am a former yoga teacher and I hate not being one of those lovely pregnant women in yoga class, but alas it just does not work for my body.  Consider taking a break from these kinds of activities if they are causing you pain.  Good Luck.    
I have gotten many, many expensive items for close to free.  Especially baby/toddler clothes, lots of European labels for 95% off retail at thrift stores.  BUT the best find ever was a 1980s woman's Yves Saint Laurent leather and lamb's wool bomber jacket --- was worth 1000s.  Sold it to a consignment shop for $150.  It was too big for me :(   I love thrifting!!  
Hi Heather - I wonder if you live in a high cost of living area?  I sure do, and when you pay what I do for rent saving a few cents or dollars on cleaning products doesn't add up to a big chunk toward that high rent.  On the other hand, I do like some homemade items because I feel good using them and they are good for my family in other ways, and we use cloth diapers, wipes and mama pads, shop second hand, live in a small space, etc.
This is also my third and I can echo much of what was said above - huge belly that sticks out further than my a-cup boobs, can't button regular pants and now i feel hungry, but yet so full, cant figure out if i should eat or not!  Belly is MUCH bigger at night ,probably because I am gluten-intolerant but only seem to be able to eat bread, noodles, cookies (and often most of these with cheese or mayonnaise - I call it the White Diet).  No one offering me a seat on the...
I'm about 8 weeks and I feel like total CRAP, I've been nauseus for nearly 2 weeks.  Forgot how much I was able to rest w/ my 1st pg, and even with my 2nd because I'd lie down when my toddler slept for an hour (though I didn't think I was so well-rested at the time!) Now, with 2, who do not yet know why I am acting so miserable and lazy.......torture!