or Connect

Posts by UrbanSimplicity

I guess lately I've been seeing the connection between a culture that snacks constantly and one that has such high levels of overweight/obesity.  Picture those mama/baby groups where all the little ones are grazing on organic cherrios or pirate booty the whole time (and as i said in my op, i was once one of those moms) and the fact that there is a whole bazilliion dollar industry of snack bars (which i used to buy) that have loads of sugar in them.    fwiw, i also used...
As I learn more about TF it's occurred to me that once upon a time people did not snack constantly.  They did not pack snacks every time they left the house or leave snack trays out for their kids to graze all day.  (i don't mean to point fingers, I was part of this camp for years.)  We did not eat 6 small meals/snacks a day.  There were not food/snacks available EVERYWHERE one went - gas stations, drug stores, vending machines.   I do still have a snack drawer for...
bagels and cereal (even whole grain, with whole milk) are a recipe for disaster for me, personally.  i second the idea to start the day with healthy protein and fats and see if that fills him up better.   As Far As Snacks - once i realized once upon a time people did not snack, much less have 6 small meals/snacks a day I started moving away from providing so many snack options.  out went the crackers and rice cakes, though i do still keep a snack drawer with nuts and...
Hi - my sister and I both do placenta encapsulation - I work in NYC but she is in western MA and travels to CT. You can find her contact info on her website http://wwwcrimsonroots.info  Mine was the first placenta she encapsulated and she did a great job, she's been offering the service for about 3 years now, you'll be in good hands!
thanks cheryl - that is what i came across to make me start looking into this.   denver - i think i might have to go get advice - but in the meantime, I'm trying to understand what you've said - isn't the irs going to see that i was able to pay roughly $8000 (so, assset) - 4000 i had, 4000 from my dad.  i think i need to put the $4000 i borrowed on both sides of the equation - both an asset, and a liability, there by canceling it out, correct?   thanks everyone!
thanks - i spoke with a friend and the one asset i forgot to include was the money we had at the time that we DID pay to settle the debt - we had about $4500 (saved from our 2009 tax refund) and then i borrowed $4000 from my dad (which i still owe - so i believe the loan would be an "asset" of $4000, balanced out by the "debt" of $4000 that i still owe.   any other thoughts would be appreciated, but overall it looks like i am on the right track.  i will probably have...
Does anyone have experience with this?  In 2010 I settled a bunch of credit card debt - and it feels amazing to be debt-free!  We stopped using credit cards about 1.5 years before settling (most of the debt was incurred trying to keep our businesses afloat).   I filed taxes and we were due to get a nice refund - money we would use to catch up with our rent.  Then the 1099-c forms came - i'd totally forgotten the forgiven debt was to be counted as income.  It was...
I had a lightbulb moment the other day and realized I need to go back to school (I'm now 35, havent been in school for 14 years.)  can someone please refresh me on the application process?  Do i fill out financial aid forms first and put the codes of schools i am interested in?  and then apply simultaneously to said schools?  or do you wait and see how much aid you get?   also, i would be applying for part time classes (i need 6 to fulfill requirement to take the...
Thanks for the response.  While I no longer have the excruciating  pain from the yeast that I had with my first dd, I still have the itchy, burning, peeling, cracking - you know, the skin discomfort.  But in general the pain has been livable, which is why I think i've "let" it go on so long.  dd has never had any signs in her mouth but i know she is passing it back to me since now we only nurse 1-3 times a day and i can feel the relief when we go longer periods without,...
HI - wasn't sure how to best explain, but I could use some help!  I have 2 dds, 2.5 and almost 5, so I've been nursing for about 5 years straight and from only my right side (long unrelated story).  my second dd has always had a horendous latch - a real cliff hanger and also has a maxillary frenulum - all this i realized onlly when i began training to do mom to mom bf support.  also, i have battled yeast for about 4 out of 5 years.  my nipple is soooo stretched - as in...