or Connect

Posts by UrbanSimplicity

Quote: Originally Posted by dbsam ...I think a 5 minute job can take twenty with constant interruptions. LOL! i realize i did not allow for interruptions! Yes, most days unloading the dishwasher takes 10 minutes. But then there are the days it takes 30!
Quote: Originally Posted by happysmileylady I have to say that when you start off by saying that you were passing a damp cloth with water and lavender oil over the bathroom floor, I can imagine where your DH is coming from. Obviously I can't say I know, as I am not really there with you, but cleaning a bathroom floor, for me, is a quick sweep and then run a mop over it. Doing it by wiping it with a cloth AND including lavender oil, that's way more work...
Dh and I have a load of troubles and this is perhaps one of the smaller ones. But it's the one that is really bothering me right now. I would like to know how much time a day/week you all devote to keeping your home looking . . . .well, however you want it to look! Tonight as I was quickly passing a damp cloth (water and lavender oil) over the bathroom floor (which is all the cleaning it will get this week) I said in a sort of light tone, "ya know, I'm sure your mom...
wow - this totally describes mysaelf and my mother! (i bolded the ones that apply.) * Frequently having trouble finding the right word * Having a limited and basic vocabulary * Using non-specific vocabulary such as ‘this’ or ‘thing’ * Using the wrong words in sentences or confusing meaning in sentences * Making grammatical mistakes, leaving off words (such as helper verbs) and using poor sentence structure * Relying on short, simple...
Thank you - Thing is, I did have her evaluated just before she turned 3. She was not talking, had only a few words, mostly grunted and gestured. Before the appointment she started talking (!) and I called them to ask if they should still come. They came, to follow through, and immediately said she was doing great. She passed the age-appropriate tests with flying colors, scored 98 precentile in receptive and 96 percentile for expressive. Nevertheless, something is...
my dd has a hard time recalling words, she was also a late talker. but i do not think it's developmental because both my mom and i have the same struggle. it's already obvious that my 2.5 yo does not have the same problem. it's a little hard to explain, but i see her difficulty in recalling words, yesterday it was the name of an adult she knows quite well, today she had a hard time remembering where we went to tell dh. i dont feel like it's a 'diagnosable disorder'...
my husband makes nearly nothing (and its been this way for a long time) and i would plan on moving closer to where my family is. i do 95% of parenting anyway.
. . .and broke? does anyone do this? is it even legal? could you receive financial assistance or would they make you send your kids to school so you can get a miserable low paying job and be broke anyway? sorry for the dour tone, dh and i just separated and the thought of also losing the dream of hsing my 2dds is just one more huge loss. we've been living a hs way of life since birth.
Both my cat and bun have fleas, as does my house. I am working on a gameplan and reading old threads here. But I am wondering what can be done about my bunny. We have sprayed her twice recently (along with combing and washing) with a pyrithium (sp?) based flea spray for bunnies. Cat got frontline which does not seem to be working, need to try something else. But back to the bunny - she is Covered in fleas and flea poop, poor thing! She is also ancient (11 years,...
Quote: Originally Posted by babybun I'm a SAHM to 3 kids (5,4,2) with a DH who works long hours, and here's what works for us (I get really stressed by mess and clutter and need a neat home to keep me sane!): 1. Big picture - My house is - at it's core - neat and uncluttered. It is just my job to consistently return it to that state. That means everything has a place, we don't have too much un-needed stuff taking up space, and clean-up is therefore...