or Connect

Posts by UrbanSimplicity

WOW- What a debate I set off! It seems some people still think I want free organic almond butter...: I thought I'd get answers like "I qualified for WIC but just couldnt bring myself to eat conventional tuna while bfing." or "I fed my 4 kids conventional tuna for years and they all turned out great!" So "WOW"! I really did mean my op as a jugement on the govt and feel they could adjust what foods they offer to better serve the recipiants and not have it...
I'm really hurt by the judgements here: I am surfing on totally unreliable free wireless internet that I can pick up from some local cafes, and I'm on a computer that a dear dear friend bought me when my last one died. I cannot afford cable even though it would allow me to work easier from home since I have an online business. And I have bunny ears on my sh!tty tv and yes, my apt looks pretty cool, but I collected all the furniture from the TRASH. I don't need to share...
I REALLY need to clarify that I in no way want or expect the govt to give me $10-$12 Almond butter on WIC! Good lord, what kind of crazy person would I be? I specifically said that I dont expect organic foods, but to be able to get REAL oatmeal that costs $2 less then the crap with extra packaging and additives. I think some of you missed the point which is basically WE ALL deserve healthy whole foods, even the poor! Doesn't it seem that a pg/breastfeeding mama should...
dakota--I feel your pain! I am on WIC now (you should read my post in the general nutrition forum) and have actually gotten Stressed over what to do with all the milk! 7 galloons a month! I had a suspicion from the title of your post that you were in the same situation! I've been planning on making yogurt, but still havent gotten around to it. And I hate to waste. Last time my parents visited, I sent my Dad home with 2 boxes of Cheerios and a galloon of...
My dd is 3.5 months and I've been receiving WIC coupons but have mixed feelings about the food. On one hand, though we are nowhere near starving, they do help with our grocery expense....but the food is of such poor quality! I am by no means a health food fanatic--I have a pizza once a week and love my chocolate chip cookies. But I eat whole foods nearly all the time, and organic when I can afford it. My biggest concern is the 4 cans of tuna and the mercury content...
Yes, it's so hard! I used to teach yoga and practice at an advanced level but low back problems that super-intensified during pregnany have left me with walking as my only form of excercise. Well, and I do like 10 little mini crunches on our bed while playing w/ dd in a.m. As for the walking--I get dd in her stroller (sling is for errands,etc) and bring a timer with me--I set it to 20 min and walk FAST, when it rings, I turn around and continue (FAST) home. The timer...
Yea! Just what I wanted to hear! Thanks!
is there such a thing as a baby who sleeps too much? My 3mo dd has consistently (since Day 4) slept from 10 or 11 pm to 10 in the morning EVERY NIGHT. I actually have to set an ALARM to wake us up! She barely wakes me to nurse....I just have to help her latch on, and I'm back to sleep. She never cries at night at all. She also takes 3-4 naps of half hour to 45 min. and catnaps at the breast! I figure she sleeps for 18 hours/day at least. Can there be any...
nak- my 3mo did the same in the cradle carry in a hotsling--like she couldnt breathe. i started to do a sort of hybrid between that and the front carry--- i placed the seam over my right hip point like in the cradle carry, and put her in similarly, but i sat her up slightly more so her head was out and supported by the padded rail. (we were not belly to belly, and you cant nurse in this position, but nursing wasnt working anyway in my hotsling....) since 2...
all of "jag"s posts have been advertisements---check out their profile. i almost fell for it, since i thought it was a mdc member recommendation!