or Connect

Posts by joanq

Hi everyone!  I've been a long term member but not a frequent poster.     My son is a young 1st grader (summer birthday).  He says he hates school, he'd rather be at home, school is "boring" and "stupid" and "too hard".  Several times he has had a full anxiety attack and full refusal to attend school.  The principal has been able to talk him out of it and he has gone on to class and had a normal day, but during these episodes he is sobbing, begging, it is very hard....
I went to our natural food coop and found the Earth Mama Angel Baby ointment that was mentioned in another thread.  The ingredients all sounded pretty ok for me...we have a lot of sensitivities.  Hoping the tea tree oil helps if there is a fungal or bacterial component....   I also got some 7th Generation disposables to see.  Hoping something works!  I was looking for Tushies (gel free) diaper but no one local has it and I didn't want to wait.    
My daughter is almost 10 mos.  She's always had sensitive skin, reacting to disposables as a newborn.  We then were using gdiapers for 4 mos, then she had thrush and began reacting to the gdiaper inserts (in for 5 mins, no pee, red welty).  Since then we've been using organic cotton prefolds.  We've had thrush twice, and are on probiotocs with no symptoms now.     She occasionally gets red and we'll give her a bath w/apple cider vinegar in it and do a strip on the...
We put doorknob covers on, a security chain up HIGH on the doors and locks on the outside of our fenced in yard. When we were out and about my son HAD to hold my hand. Always. He just turned 5 and I would say it has only been about the last 6 months that I will let him walk next to me and not hold on. Good luck. My son was so fast that preventing him from running was the only solution. I wouldn't have been able to catch him if he had a head start.
Have you been to Farrel McWhirter Park on Novelty Hill? Remlinger Farms?
We are in the same situation. There really is no choice that fits for my husband (Mexican). I was surprised that Samoan, Korean, Japanese etc are all individually listed, but there is not a good choice for people of hispanic origin. I was told when enrolling my son at school that they were told to instruct us to check White and Native American (that NA covers both Americas). So that is what I did. On the census form they wanted a specific tribe listed, but we don't...
I'd never heard of or seen these before, but yes they are horrible! I can't believe people would sell them.
I'm a little late posting this....my computer broke shortly after my daughter was born so my internet access is limited. Basically just wanted to tell everyone that I had an amazing VBAC Feb 5 at the University of Washington Medical Center with the midwives. My daughter was 8 lb 4 oz with an 85% head (although baby was smaller, head was nearly as big as my son's....he was born cesarean after "failure to progress" and stuck baby after 4 hours pushing....he was...
We struggle with this. My husband is the native Spanish speaker. I can get by but am not fluent. I feel like I speak more Spanish with my son than my husband does. He just reverts to English despite reminding. When he is with his parents he easily switches between English and Spanish (his parents don't really speak English) but with us he says he "thinks" in English so it is difficult for him to speak Spanish with us. I do a lot of books, songs, movies etc in...
I answered option "minor pain, no one has ever tried to retract" for my 4 1/2 year old. He has episodes of redness and irritation that will last 2-3 days and clear up on it's own, has had since he was just over 3. He is not fully retractible at this point, but when he pees you can see the opening enlarge and he pulls the foreskin quite a bit AWAY from his body, so it isn't really attached much any more. BUT, some of the episodes of irritation seem to be from the...