or Connect

Posts by calicocj

I can see it in neon lights: the Jo and Reb Reunion Tour. I always loved reading your joint race reports, so am already looking forward to it Feeling very worn down today; but made it to my yoga class at lunch, and am feeling much better now that the sun is shining here today
Surfacing from a 3-day marathon of grading, class prep, grading, dealing with students with issues, more grading, and writing out a 5-page Excel sheet solution to a problem set (that I really didn't mean to be so complex). I totally did not prep well this quarter    And still swamped; not sure what is going on this year, but stuff just feels way busier, more intense than usual.   RR: got a little yoga in Saturday and today, along with yard work - trying to...
Sending out my thoughts to Dingos and all runners far and near
Happy Birthday Kristina!!!   No RR for this weekend, but I did 1) yard work, 2) finger / keyboard crunches to finish taxes on time, 3) a million steps up and down to basement for way too much backlogged laundry, 4) multiple games of zombie tag, etc.  so I don't feel too slothlike.   A rare work at home day, yoga cancelled so I'm hoping for a walk mid morning maybe.....
Hi Dmitrizmom    Gaye - that is awesome news!!   JayGee - :( so sorry to hear that   hope everyone's weather settles a bit!    Jo - yay on the TM!!! I still need to do mine.....   RR: yoga today at lunch   NRR: there is a huge event happening at my work tomorrow; dedication of our new academic building, which was paid for largely by donation and state funds, so there is a lot of planned kissing of  and politicians, etc.... They told all the...
Geo, I can tell by your post that it was typed with the wrong hand / wrist / keyboard configuration      ugh DD clothes  I am terrified what the future holds there.  Right now we are at the "Punky Brewster 2.0" look everyday for school.  The more blingy, tacky, layered, color clashing, the better 
Lisa - is your colleague in music at ASU or ethnology/anthro?  I worked for 3 years in the Anthro department there...     The academic dress thing is definitely very interesting.  Even though I tend to dress "nice," I have had some challenges here: I work in an engineering field, which tends toward casual, but my unit also has a strong corporate/industry connection, so there are lots of suits and ties on a daily basis and I get strange looks if I go too casual....
Jo - I am just in awe of your trip. I felt energized just hearing about your amazing adventures.  so so so cool!!!   mommajb - that is so cool! he is from around the time when my DH was really into track and field, so he appreciated the story much better than i did!     sparkle - hope that your therapist meeting went well and you are feeling peace on your decision making  pro choice for chickens     we had an amazing weather day today (of course it is...
Does standing up all day working in the lab count as exercise? I hope so, I am so wiped. On the bright side, I got to try out my shiny new tool that analyzes nanoparticle emissions in the air! Yay!! I'm a dork!!   Jo - sounds like a good trip so far!! I would love to have a blind taste test of crocodile vs. alligator! :D  Hope it is an amazing time!     sparkle - I am so sorry about the school stuff.  We just had a student opt to take a leave of absence due to...