or Connect

Posts by Baelzharon

Quote: Originally Posted by JustJamie There is something VERY wrong with letting little children play "cowboys and Indians". FWIW, I agree with basically every post thismama has made in this thread, so I'll just say a big : to her. Clearly something is VERY wrong when you go the other route and take measures like this into consideration. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21397455/ When you rely on extremism to push your agenda you end up...
I think this entire issue has been blown completely out of proportion. There is nothing wrong with letting little children play, and act out as little princesses or superheros, or even cowboys and indians. They're kids, using their imaginations and nothing insidious or violent should come out of that. However, when adults try to superimpose their complicated thoughts and fears onto something so simple and innocent as children playing, you end up with draconian like methods...
Quote: Originally Posted by michellyn You're absolutely right--if we'd planned on a hospital birth, this would have been a car birth (a fact I've tried to remind DH of). I sure hope I can convince him otherwise if we have another. If you want some help convincing him I suggest you bring along some medical articles that explain the truth about UC, c-sections and hospital interventions. Men typically won't be won over going the emotional route...
My first baby was UC and our 2nd one due in October will be as well. Our first baby wasn't our original intent to be a home birth however. We were lied to, coerced, threatened and finally ignored and dropped (on our due date) by the OB/GYN we chose based on their "good" reviews. As an educated adult I did the research, read the same medical journals and research papers the doctors did and came to a conclusion that medical intervention on a healthy woman, who has a healthy...
I think this site has been a huge sourse of information and support. I highly recommend your dh come here and atleast lurk. I've learned so much about how women and babies should act from reading the stories here that when my wife does similiar things I know it's not something to be alarmed about. I know that the first few months the mother has hormones and such that physically and mentaly force her to bond with the baby. She has baby on her mind 24/7 and rather then...
Thanks it was scarey. We're both sound sleepers and we shot right out of it when she was struggling. DD is doing fine now, no caughing or wheezing or anything, and I think it was just a freak accident. The only person to give us a hard time about co-sleeping is my MIL. I think she's a Ferber wannabe and thinks attachment parenting is spoiling a child. How do you spoil a 6 week old baby though?? Anyways that's a rant for another thread, just letting you all now DD is fine...
Well you're pretty spot on when saying WoW is taking care of his needs. I'm an ex-player and it's far too easy to just turn the game on and forget about everything till I'm tired enough to go to sleep. We've had our share of financial issues, and when you combine that with game addiction you really get the feeling of wanting to be left alone. Sex for men is also more of a physical release then anything else, and don't let some psychologist try and tell you otherwise....
We co-sleep with our 6 week old daughter, and this morning at around 4:30am dd just started to flail around and couldn't breath, and this woke us both up in time to pick her up and help her breath again. Looks like it was a combination of congestion in her nose and some spitup got caught all together and she was choking. We have a crib and craddle and never felt comfortable letting her sleep alone, and if we did I don't even want to think about what would have happened...
I would say the wind up swing has been the best thing so far for DD. I would also suggest a digital camera as well for your hubby.
Our baby is super fussy sometimes with gas. (I think its my diet, but we're still trying to figure out exactly what part) We use upright baby wearing (like a mei tei or babyBjorn etc) during the afternoon before she gets fussy to help move her system along, milicon drops, playing with her legs (my daughter likes having them both pushed up to her chest and then semi-exended and repeat more than the bicycle motion), and the sitting upright on our knee and her back padded. ...