or Connect

Posts by MujerMamaMismo

Cross posted in Special Needs Parenting forum: I'm just wondering if anyone here has kids on the spectrum who attend a Reggio Emilia or inquiry based school? Our 4.5yo begins school in January 2014 (we're in the southern hemisphere) and until diagnosis, we had always intended to send him to a Reggio school. We have done Reggio playgroup for years and his kindergarten is play based and loosely Reggio inspired. When we received his diagnosis one of our biggest points of...
Cross posted in Education forum: I'm just wondering if anyone here has kids on the spectrum who attend a Reggio Emilia or inquiry based school? Our 4.5yo begins school in January 2014 (we're in the southern hemisphere) and until diagnosis, we had always intended to send him to a Reggio school. We have done Reggio playgroup for years and his kindergarten is play based and loosely Reggio inspired. When we received his diagnosis one of our biggest points of grief was that...
I'm sorry you're struggling but it's such a comfort to read this and know I'm not alone. My (you guessed it) 3.5yr old has been a delightful 3 year old until now - I have truly enjoyed him the most I ever have up 'til this point. Now I'm 7 months pregnant, he's clearly feeling strain around that, and it's manifesting in a lot of violent meltdowns. I have no solutions because clearly what I'm doing isn't working but I wish you luck.
No Jeunesdragons - some women don't get them, or at least, don't notice them. And even if they do, they often don't really get going until the third trimester. I didn't get any with my first baby but I've had a few with this one. Often BH this early on is a sign of dehydration.
It was bittersweet when my 3.5yo self weaned earlier in this pregnancy. I was as enthusiastic as not about tandem feeding and am ultimately glad that I don't have to but the sentimental fool in me feels a bit sad and nostalgic about no longer feeding my first born...especially when he's upset and complains that he drank all the milk in Mama's booboos!
My DP, my son, my two midwives and probably a friend/doula to walk through the experience with my son - though I'm yet to decide who the right person for that job is. My mum would love to be there but I'd rather stab myself in the eyes!
That's exciting! Congratulations. Even with twins though, it sounds like you're measuring pretty big! Maybe it is 3....
Thanks everyone - I feel like I did the right thing is my approach to apologising - I just wish I hadn't lost it so badly and alienated him after the fact. He spent that whole day telling me he didn't want a baby but he's back to loving my belly and talking proudly about being a big brother and is currently very big on listing everyone in our family, including the baby. I think we're fully recovered now. God I love him - so intensely that I think it's going to swallow me...
I totally understand and support your choice to UC. If you believe, deep in your body, that everything is well then I would stop even thinking about it. If not, then I'd be finding a hands-off midwife for a consultation, just to rule out any issues. Multiples, of course, is a possibility in this case - particularly if you think you were hyper fertile at conception.
My family have all been fine. That's it. Just fine. No one tripped over themselves one way or the other and they are all as welcoming of my DP and our family as they are to any partner/family. I don't have any close extended family though so didn't ever feel like I had much to lose. I love hearing stories of transformation though.