or Connect

Posts by MujerMamaMismo

9 weeks here and feeling like death, constantly. If I remember correctly, my m/s with DS cleared at about 15 weeks which just seems an abominable prospect right now. I am getting toward the pointy end of my first semester of midwifery studies and I'm not sure I can make it through, feeling the way I do.
I'm planning a homebirth. DS was born in a birth centre despite my hopes for a home birth then too. DP is eternally sorry for being so discouraging of my homebirth wishes with our first and has said from the minute DS was born, that the next one would be at home. It's crazy - I'm a doula and student midwife and know all of the homebirth midwives in our city but I just can't seem to decide on a midwife yet. The one I really want retired last year. I'm meeting with another...
Hi. I've been away from all forms of social media for weeks while I get on top of my studies but I thought I'd pop in and say that at 7wks4days, I saw a delightful little heartbeat. The babe was measuring at our exact dates which is also reassuring. That put us at more than a week past my miscarriage and yesterday, at 9 weeks, I passed the time when we discovered that the babe had died. Of course, my nausea has been all consuming for about 2 weeks which is a great sign,...
Sara! Horrible - have you had any more pain? How are you feeling now? Thanks to all who offered reassurance to me. I haven't had any more blood since I posted so I'm starting to relax a little. I have booked myself in for an early scan, next week when I'm about 8 weeks, just to help with my anxiety. Crazy - before my miscarriage I was leaning toward no scans and now I want an early peek! Amazing how these experiences change you. I am so tired and so sick that it's...
I've had some spotting. Only a tiny bit. But twice, 24 hours apart which is just enough to put me right on edge. I don't know what to do with myself. My entire pelvic region is achy too but I'm not sure if it's cramps or a need for an adjustment. I have an essay due today - the first one of my midwifery degree - and I'm so far from a place where I can finish it. This really sucks. Any wisdom?
I had the lightest tinge of pink in my cervical mucous yesterday (more than 24hrs ago) and have been freaking out ever since. I'm also feeling very tender in my entire pelvic area, back and front. They could be two entirely different issues - like maybe I need to get to my osteopath for an adjustment but it's hard not to be feeling extremely shaky. My last miscarriage was a missed miscarriage with no symptoms so I've no reason to believe this is history repeating but I'm...
So we're pregnant again! Quite shocked about it seeing as we inseminated ad hoc, jetlagged and many many hours after ovulation (was testing negative on ovu test)...but this babe clearly wanted to be. Due 11/11/12 so about 5.5wks right now. Super tired but not too sick yet - just occasional nausea and dry reaching every morning after breakfast. More later!
Our DS has just fully potty trained (nights came minutes after days which was pretty exciting and unexpected). Sometimes he has a few extra drips that he likes to dry off with some toilet paper, other times he just shakes it out. I'm not sure that there's are hard or fast rule. And if there is, I haven't been told yet!
Hello, I'm cautiously popping my head in here to say I'm pregnant (!!!) after a missed miscarriage in Dec. My wise midwife gave me a lecture on allowing myself to be excited and celebrating this baby regardless of what has happened and what may happen. This baby deserves it! And she's right. It's hard to say this was an accidental pregnancy as we are a lesbian couple and have a known donor who helps us conceive but this is about as close to an oops pregnancy as is...
Still breastfeeding my 3yo but only at bedtime and very occasionally if he needs it during the day. I think the evidence is pretty clear that miscarriage is not caused by breastfeeding and it's certainly the information I was given (which I already knew) when I had my miscarriage in Dec. A small side story - but when I was sent to emergency at the women's hospital because my midwife couldn't find a heartbeat, the first thing the triage midwife said to me is 'do not let...