or Connect

Posts by kittyhead

omg cute!  my first was bald as an egg, second son had hair like that but jet black.  everyone said it was going to fall out but it never did.  thick, longish black hair.  long enough to style.  it was funny on a baby!   the blond hair is striking.  what a cute you have there.
omg TACKY.  i unlurked to say that.  holy cow.  
ahhhhhh, my kids do the same stuff.  the big one just turned five and the little one is just over one and a half.  when the big one copies the baby it drives me up the wall!!  no advice, none at all.  lucky for them they are so cute.  
oh gosh, where to begin.  ive got a crush on hippy dippy nature names like cedar, willow, moon and  sunshine.    wolfgang, cosmo, silvio, bernard.   actually, i might have used any of the four on the second list.  i do like unusual names.  but i couldnt do the nature ones, though i love them so.   oh, and lord of the rings names.  cant forget those   eta cant believe i forgot ursala. or ursa.  but i acutally pushed hard for this name irl.  also love...
omg no not at all.  my inlaws each speak a seperate dialect not tagalog but either way i dont know much at all and they never taught their kids to speak their language. unfortunately they refuse to teach my kids, too.  we just know food words and the kids know what pasalubong means.  good luck, ive never been very talented at languages.  my inlaws each speak a couple, and i find it very impressive!  
one time at the grocery store...   man:  cute kids, are they from china?   me:  nooooooo, they are mine from here.  their dad is asian   man:  OH!  they look just like you!     people are weird.  and fwiw i do think that they look like me.
yes, but it took a lot of planning.  my current toddler is our second, so we knew what we were in for.  we moved into this house just as he was getting mobile and we set the house up babyproofed rather than doing it as we went along.  there are no drawers to dump, books on low shelves, etc etc.  i purge regularly, and everything that we own has a "home" where it "lives" so that there is no floating stuff in the house.  im one of those people who needs a clean space in...
21 months is so little!  we never went out of our way to teach our older boy these things, he picked them up on his own.  especially colors, those came pretty naturally.  MIL gave us some flashcards at some point, the box is still unopened.  silliness!  my littlest is somewhere between one and a half and two, is starting to pick up on things on his own.  "our geen plants!!!" is what he shouted when we looked out the window this morning.  he didnt learn geen (green) from...
i dreamt about my kids last night.  we were at mavericks beach (where they have the surf contest)  and all of a sudden everybody gasped and the ocean rolled back about 20 yards and i screamed for the person i was with to grab the baby and run and they (im not sure who it was) either couldnt hear me or didnt understand.  i ran, snatched up the baby, grabbed my four year olds arm, and bolted up the beach and climbed the cliffs before a giant wave could come and wipe us all...