or Connect

Posts by kittyhead

when my older son (now 4 years old) was a baby we had a list of things to wait on... he didnt have nuts until his third birthday. we just took the baby to his 9 month checkup and the ped told us that the studies have changed, and that the only thing she advises waiting on is honey. we have a strong family history of food allergies, but so far both kids are fine so i feed the baby almost anything that i am eating. he ate almost a quarter of a carnitas super burrito the...
hi, i havent been posting much but i was in septemberDDC (my guy was born on the 30th) and i have been reading here. just popped in to share that my just barely five month old had his first solid food the other day... when he snatched a chubby fistful of rice and gravy from my dinner plate and shoved it in his mouth! i pried out most of the rice, but he did get some gravy for sure. at least it was homemade. i was going to wait until he was six months at least! i think...
adults, coffee with cream kids, water or herbal tea
i had two horrible hyperemesis pregnancies, and caffiene helped the nausea so i drank plenty. son number one is NOT CALM AT ALL, since birth. son number two is the calmest, happiest baby i have ever seen and sleeps really well. i drink coffee while nursing, too.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kmarie42 I know oxytocin causes both the nausea and the letdown. I wonder if I am just more sensitive somehow to it, or that I have more than other people? It's so weird. Both times I was pregnant, I literally knew I got pregnant right away. I was sure of it by about day 6 after conception. My sense of smell changed right away within a couple days. So I definitely think there is something unique about how I react or feel...
i keep a box of Trader Joe's O's (which is eaten dry from a bowl, like popcorn) in the cupboard for the really rushed days, but usually toast and a glass of milk is just as easy and fast and he prefers it. i dont think he's tried any cereal other than the O's, because i dont really like the taste of cold cereal and dont buy it for myself. sometimes i make granola, i guess that counts as cold cereal.
me, too! to a lesser extent than what you are describing though. when my babies start to nurse i would feel a gross wave of nausea for the first minute or two... much more so if i have just eaten. then it fades for the rest of the nursing session, though i still cant eat while nursing. the first few weeks post partum i would get gaggy when my babies would nurse, but eventually it was just nausea and no actual gagging. did you have hyperemesis with your pregnancy? i...
i asked the pediatrician and she said ten years oldwhich seems really, really old to me. i know i was eating raw fish at a much younger age than ten! silly. im not sure the answer though... my three year old is not really interested in sushi right now.
id like to know, too. i also have a three year old who is prone to bloody noses (so was his dad as a kid). we use vaseline, but i dont like the idea of putting that up there all the time. so far the vaseline, combined with saline and the humidifier are the only things that work. but mostly the vaseline, if i skip that and the heater is on he is almost sure to get a bloody nose.