or Connect

Posts by Jenlaana

If you live in/near MB or can drive here, I have a TON of cloth diapers to give away. I was going to sell them but I just don't have the time. What I have consists of second (third/fourth) hand items as well as nearly new stuff (some I used less than half dozen times). A lot of pockets, especially pockets (particularly Happy Heinys). Everything is clean, but I cant promise there aren't some dingy ones in need of bleaching/sunning. I would like for these to go to a...
woven, I am so so very sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you. I just cannot imagine what you must be going through. I hope you have all of the support that you need in this terrible time. Your daughter had a beautiful name.
I'm not Christian and have found South Carolina (Myrtle Beach/Conway/Surrounding area) to be pretty inhospitable. But then I don't follow a specific religion so perhaps there are jewish resources that I am not aware of. I think I recall seeing a Jewish temple? (I apologize if my terminology is wrong) down by the water park in MB. I lived in Myrtle Beach for 6 months, then Conway for 1 yr before moving to an outlying area (Hemingway) where we live now for the past 3 yrs...
My son is 14 years old, and he will NOT eat something he doesn't like. He will (and for years has) pretty much puked his guts up if we forced him to eat something he was not interested in. For a long time, I worked so much and was a single mom so it didnt make sense to make something that was not liked by him, for him to eat. There were just the two of us and I was working 12 hour days, so I just got what we would both eat, so not to waste anything. That was only a 2-3...
thank you all for the supportive responses. I knew that if I came here you would understand. We actually do not get together with my inlaws very often at all because they are judgemental and attempt to be controlling (my MIL/FIL though not usually my husband's siblings and their significant others). Luckily they live about 12 hours away, so its easy to avoid being affected by them usually. My BIL just happened to post that on a "friends board" that we all visit...
I definitely agree that its over-diagnosed and over-medicated, but that a blanket statement like that was made, when he KNOWS that our son has had ADHD since as long as he has known me, is just.... arrg! Relations with my mother/father inlaw are very strained because of their whole "spare the rod" mentality and their snap judgements about my son being "bad" and an embarassment to them but I had gotten over it because it was about two years ago and I try not to dwell. I...
I am so frustrated with the close minded judgemental "spare the rod and spoil the child" bs that revolves around this disorder. It just makes me want to cry! My brother in law made this comment. Quote: I have always wondered if ADHD really exists, or is it simply a lack of discipline. Take a look at all these symptoms. I still feel it is a lack of discipline from poor parenting more so than a disorder. Thoughts? (he then listed the symptoms of adhd...
I am so glad I found this thread! I havent been to these boards lately as I've been very wrapped up in school stuff, but I am in nursing school. I just started working part time and just took my final for Algebra I last night (got a 97% for the class woohoo!) I really miss my girls a lot already, but once I have my RN I'll be able to work really flexible hours depending on which area I work in, and it will work out better for my family. I think its worth it, especially...
thank you a million times over thank you! you have no idea how much it means to know that what I'm talking about doesnt sound crazy. I was thinking that maybe I was a bad mom for hesitating to take her to the hospital after this, but after reading your response, I think that maybe thats really what it is. She did do something similar before, where she seemed to be unable to catch her breath from crying too hard in one breath and since then I have always made sure to get...
my 8 mo old fell from standing w/ my husband less than 2 ft away and when he picked her up she was "silent crying". I didnt hear her crying so took her from him and she went limp in my arms and her color was off. I shook her and screamed her name to get her attention (I was also quite terrified). She shook herself out of it and was crying hard for about 2 minutes. She calmed down very fast after that and was laughing and trying to climb up me and play w/in about 5...