or Connect

Posts by Jacquie99

I was going to say- don't tell DH you can feel the baby's head. I think it's so cool too to know the baby is so close, but it sure freaks the guys out! My baby is posterior too, so I feel the baby's head first, and then my cervix. In fact for a long time I couldn't feel my cervix at all because baby was so posterior. I'm hoping the fact that I can reach it now means s/he's in a slightly better position! I can still push the head up a little too. I'm about 3.5 cm...
With DS1 my water broke in bed, and then contractions started about 2-3 hours later (I got to go back to sleep!). With DS2 we were all prepared, had the bed covered in plastic, and he was almost born en cul (sp?). My MF broke the water bag as his head was emerging. We'll see what happens this time!
Both of my babies spent a lot of time OP and this baby is looking to do the same. So far I've been lucky that they have rotated just before or during labor. With #2 I spent a lot of time doing hip rotations on the birth ball. My mf also recommended leaning forward with a straight back when sitting. It's an uncomfortable position for an OP baby to be in, and might cause the baby to turn. Good luck!
My story is very similar to yours, nikag. My DH and I conceived DS1 the very first time we were ever intimate. We were both finishing up college and I had no intention of being in a relationship with him, although that is what he wanted. We moved into together, lived platonically, and tried to make the best of it. It was extremely difficult. Despite our troubles, we slept together once when DS1 was about 18 mo. Shortly after, I told him that I was leaving. Three...
My midwife is out of town this week (she's confident I won't go early, haha!), so I get to skip my weekly exam. We don't do cervical checks, but otherwise there is nothing going on. I have fewer BH than I used to, go figure. Major heartburn, but nothing labor-related. After much bathroom acrobatics, I did finally manage a self-check today, and while I am high and soft, I'm not dilated. That's unusual for me- usually I'm 2 cm at 36 weeks and we're at 37 now. I...
MMM.. . .homemade popcorn in coconut oil. .. . can't be beat! I'd be happy to POP!
Quote: Originally Posted by BlessedMommy2006 Hi all! I'm wanting to do some informal research on the different factors that influence lactational amennorhea (absence of periods while breastfeeding) so I thought that I'd post a survey here to get more info from mama's who've BTDT. (I'm almost 19 months postpartum without AF) So here goes: 1. How long have you been nursing for? 4 years, 4 months, 2 years, 2 mo since last pg 2. How old was your...
I'd say your baby is way down there if you can reach your cervix that easily. Of course, I don't know how far down yours was to begin with! Doesn't sound like you have to worry about whether or not the baby's head is engaged (or posterior!) though! Yea for you!
I'm due April 9th and expecting a baby around the 15th if he or she follows the first 2 pg's pattern. We shall see! No signs of anything going on, but I'm ready to meet LO anytime!
I checked mine kind of compulsively with my 2nd pg (strange, I know). I dialate way early- I walked around 4 cm dilated with my first for a couple of weeks. I was sure I would go early or the baby would just fall out. I was a week late! I figured out how to check the second time around. With my first pg I couldn't make heads or tails of anything I felt in there. I followed the same pattern of dilation with my second. This time I can't even find the darn thing. I...