or Connect

Posts by sophiekat

I'm confused.  I realize that when 99% of responses to your story are gently telling you that 1.  you did NOT handle this well, or nicely, or in a way that will promote your "commit[ment] to inclusion" in the long run and 2. that you really should think seriously about apologizing for your out-of-line and completely over-the-top email and subsequent dragging the school and other families into your drama, that it's natural to react defensively, but you seem to be changing...
I absolutely agree.  
OP, are you affiliated with this doctor? How convenient that if you click your provided links to his "research", you can browse his site and see all the products he has for sale, including his very own super special multivitamin!
oh Helen he's beautiful! Congratulations!
Oh absolutely. Because with dd2 I really, really wanted to have six weeks of pre-term labour, be on bedrest whilst simultaneously being responsible for my then-2-year-old, have multiple rounds of steroid shots to ensure her lungs would be developed enough and deliver her 5 weeks early. I'm sure all the moms of other preemies, especially those who had to spend significant time in NICU and/or suffer complications of prematurity just weren't "in it" enough or didn't...
First, I know it's hard to hear these things, and I don't blame you for feeling defensive. But I think that maybe all these posters are seeing some behaviour that could be changed in order for you to have a more pleasant commute home. Quote: Savithny wrote: Quote: In the real world, your actions have effects on other people, and their behavior changes if they get upset, or mad, or sad. This is normal, and not something to protect him from by never showing...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna A number of conditions on the screen require you to NOT nurse if you get a positive (false positive) so an early interruption to the nursing relationship is a real possibility. All for something that is very very rare. Like I said- it's a risk/benefit thing. Every parent needs to decide for themselves -Angela But the result of the screen is not a "false positive." It's an indicator that further...
Quote: Originally Posted by lalemma It bums me out, reading your other thread, to see people trying to get you to second-guess what has already happened. I hope you aren't letting people get you down about this. It sounds to me like what happened was the right thing to do with the knowledge you had at the time. Could another choice have been made? Sure, I guess. But nobody can possibly know - even people who are VERY SURE that they would have handled...
fabulous post. It's too easy, especially in online forums, to "monday morning quarterback" another's birth without realizing that there is a real mama with real feelings (& hormones) behind that post. Even though we may think "oh, if she had only done/not done this/that/the other, then her birth would have been better/faster/easier/more like mine", her birth story post is NOT the place to say so. Let's be gentle with one another instead of trying to one-up with our own...
Oh gracious, dh and I were both these kids. And dd1 definitely shares this tendency. Thank you for the suggestions so far!