or Connect

Posts by sebandg'smama

Do they fight like this in public?  If they do not then you can point out that they can indeed control their words, tone and volume and that you would appreciate if they did control themselves in front of you and your child.   Unacceptable for them to fight in front of their son growing up and now their grandchild.  It is scary for any child to witness that, dare I say, abusive. Good luck with your inlaws!   -Melanie
I am sorry that this is such a hard time for you.   It sounds like you need some help. Is there anyone you can ask to come and give you a hand with the kids and house?     Can you sit your dh down and write up a list of what you need from him?  I do believe that some people just don't see/know what needs to be done. Your children are still very young, I wonder if you are expecting too much from them?   I also think that you should go talk to someone about...
  My 4 year old wearing the costume my mother made for me when I was her age.
Is there a 3 year old in that group that you could set W up with?     Seriously, I would just give your dd permission to make her own friends, sit with whomever she wants.  Roleplay possible scenarios to help your dd kindly assert her boundaries.  Let your dd know that as long as she is kind to W, she is not responsible for W's happiness.    
Well done Mama!  You are protecting your children!   You gave him ample chances to change his behaviour, now you need to create better boundaries, which you have done.      to you, what a hard thing to be going through.   I have such a hard time with grandparents interfering...they had their chance, it's not their turn anymore.   -Melanie
Get the paper bags.  Not a hill to die on imho.
“Before you speak, think -Is it necessary? Is it true? Is it kind? Will it hurt anyone? Will it improve on the silence?”  Sri Sathya Sai Baba quotes (Indian Spiritual leader, b.1926)   Love this quote sren!   I agree with sren.   OP:  Breakups are so hard, even harder are the friendship breakups vs boyfriend breakups imho.     Best of luck with this issue.  
You sound very very lonely.  Sending you a  To me it sounds like you are looking not so much for friends, but for family.  When I am sick it is my mother or sister who help with food, the house, my kids.   Is there any way you can make your family bonds stronger? I am also a big believer in therapy, I have learned so much on how to deal with my mother, to be able to take the bad with the good and have a decent relationship, especially as she is getting...
"You can't rush a river"