or Connect

Posts by jmann1

Mystic Healer Mom! Thanks for such a quick response. The reasons I'm interested in meditaion is because of all the great things I've heard about it! I've been having a hard time "knowing and being with myself". I use to know what I like and how feel about things, but lately I can't seem to find my "core" - does that make sense? I thought that by using mediation and calming all the chatter I might get a sense of "me" again. I'm so lost lately that I don't even know...
mamabutterfly! wow, we sound so alike. just yesterday i was thinking about how envious i am of my sister who is getting her masters in architecuture. and then i start to feel guilty because i have my darling little boy sitting there while i dream of other places. i know that i will look back at these days and be in awe that i was fortunate enough to stay home with him and watch him grow up, but i still sometimes wish i was doing other things. someday i want to go back...
I'm suffering from the "after the holiday blues", which I seem to get every year. I live each day looking forward to some big event, and for the past months I have been living for our Thanksgiving trip, and Christmas trip. Now that I'm home and settled back in I have a lot of sadness that it's all over. Does anyone else suffer from the post holiday blues? I have a 6 month old son and I want to look forward to every day not just the big events of the future, but I...
I'm back. I was on vacation for a week. It looks like there has been a lot of great things happening in the past weeks! I need a lot of positive thoughts sent my way this week. I vacationed without my husband for the past week, at my sisters house and when he came up to get my ds and I, he informed me that his company is having lay-offs this coming Friday and that his name is on the list to be laid off. This situation is sooo overwhelming to me. I'm on maternity...
Hello Everyone! I would love to join the group. What an outstanding idea! I will think positive thoughts for each one of you. My request is that I need help in just letting things be. My dh work situation is very much in the air right now, and his job is at a sketchy point. I worry about it way too much and think of it constantly, since I'm at the point in my maternity leave where I'll soon have to decide if I should go back to work, which I'm not wanting to. ...
My ds is almost 8 weeks old and in the last week he has been having a lot of night anxiety, or at least that is what i think it is. He will only sleep for 1 1/2 hours (at the most) and the whole time he is asleep he his making groaning noises, and pushing and shaking his arms and legs - they are really anxious looking movements. Also, for the last month he's had a rash all over his face, scalp, front and back. I have eliminated dairy, but I am wondering if there is...
Hello, I posted this on the Parenting Issues forum already but it was recommended that I post here also, so my apologies if you've read this one already. Yesterday I went to our pediatrician because my ds had a severe rash all over his face, scalp, neck, chest and arms. My pediatrician told us to use a .5% cortisone cream on the rash. Although I usually like to work with more natural cures, knowing that there is a reason he has this rash, we bought the Cortaid and...
Hello JBCMom, Thanks so much for your post. When re-reading my post I noticed a typo-o. I put that my son was a week old and I meant 5 weeks old. I don't know if that makes a difference. Oooops. The sling that I have is the New Native, but just yesterday I ordered the OTSBH. I was debating whether I should get the OTSBH or the Maya Wrap. Hopefully I chose the right one. I looked through the all the boarda and noticed that both the OTSBH and the Maya Wrap...
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO RESPONDED!! I really appreciate all your help and advice. What a great resource this site is!! Thanks again..... Jill
Hello - I have a week old and I have been reading about Attachment Parenting. I am having a hard time with only one part. I haven't found a sling that works for me yet, so I hold Zach most of the day, but there are times I have to put him down and I have been feeling guilty. Also, we received a swing as a gift and he seems to like it for short periods of time. I put him in it when I shower and when I'm cooking. I always have it in the room with me when he is in it. ...