or Connect

Posts by Rachel J.

Earth worm seem to love newspaper. You could throw down several layers of newspaper to smother weeds/grass then add any kind of organic material you have or can find. Grass clippings, leaves, pine needles, composted manure, dirt, etc. Basically start a lasagna/layer garden. Adding worms would give the worm population a nice jump start. Basically any organic material that you add to it will decompose and create good soil. Eventually earthworms will (probably, I'm...
Peaches can be frozen whole with peel and then defrosted slightly and cut up. They're not very space efficient but it's super fast
If you have the actual plants, not just dried flowers, you could try making lavender wands. They might be more user friendly since they can just hang in the room or go in a drawer or by a pillow.
Quote: Originally Posted by naturechicplus1 thanks, i have joined the mmbn yahoo group, but haven't been able to post an introduction yet, keep getting caught by the spam filters I think. i will look up the api yahoo group too. Sometimes it takes the moderator a while to approve members. She'll get around to it though AlwaysByMySide, I don't think I've ever heard of Dr. Tom. He sounds like a wonderful pediatrician. I'm always on the look...
Both my sister and I have had eczema on and off for years. Since the birth of our children it's become worse. Her son, who just turned one, has also had it all over his body since he was about 3-4 months old. We've ended up going to a naturopath (for me and the baby) and have found a lot of improvement with homeopathics and identifying and avoiding sensitivities, mainly food but other environmental issues as well. I'm convinced that ultimately it is due to poor gut...
Not every state allows CNMs to practice out of the hospital setting. I know in Tennessee a CNM has to choose hospital or give up her license and go the CPM route to do homebirths.
I've noticed more bees around this year, too. Don't know if someone nearby has set up bees or not but I'd be grateful if they did. When I was growing up a bee keeper kept some hives in the woods near our house and it gave us unbelievable raspberry crops.
Not sure what they're digging, I know they'll go or bulbs, like tulips. You can try planting, sprinkling, or spraying anything hot pepper-related.
I second the lasagna gardening method. Put down some cardboard or thick layers of newspaper (like 4+ sections), then add grass clippings, leaves, pine needles, straw with compost, aged manure, dirt, on top. If you want to plant right away then you can make sure you have about 6-8 inches of good compost/soil on top. Plant and mulch. You might need to dig out some of the dirt or add another level to walls of your raised bed to add enough organic matter and dirt to make a...
From what I understand (after researching) is that the tumbling composter isn't really any faster than just turning your heap as frequently as you would your tumbler. Now if you're not going to get the shovel out and manually turn your pile as often as you would spin your tumbler, you might get compost a little faster with a tumbling composter. You're not really supposed to continue adding compost to your pile if you want to use it within the next few months. Otherwise...