or Connect

Posts by Rachel J.

Quote: Originally Posted by Anna06 Tell us more about activated charcoal sphinxie. I feel I need something. How do you know if you have yeast problems? If you look around the internet at candida-related sites you'll find lots of different lists of symptoms. They can be obvious like vaginal yeast infections, yeasty diaper rash or other rash, thrush or seemingly, on the surface, unrelated like depression, cold feet, difficulty sleeping. ...
I'm going sugar-free (anytime now ) because of candida issues and am wondering if anyone has used xylitol as a sweetner and how you liked it. I cut all sugar except for one/two servings of fruit/day during my pregnancy but ended up sliding back into old habits after I had my baby. Now my candida symptoms have come back with a vengence and I have even less will power, time and energy to watch what I eat (I'm also going on a candida-free diet so I'm restricting a lot more...
We used the standard NICU issue orthodontic nipples at the hospital and for a short while at home. I wish I'd even thought to ask about bringing something different, I didn't realize how bad those orthodontic nipples are for bfing (worse than the regular ones). At home I found that the First Years Breastflow bottles work really well (available at BabiesRUs). The nipple has two parts with a very soft, flexible outer nipple that seems to compress more like the breast...
Nak... I'm pleasantly surprised to find so many other non-vaxing parents of preemies here. Because of the more fragile nature of a lot of our babies, what types of precautions are you taking (supplements for bfing moms, staying home, limiting playdates/visitors, etc.)? My ped is really pushing the purtussis and Hib vaxes (so what's left?) particularly because ds's immune system is probably more fragile. Of course that's why I'm even more against it but she still got me...
Yeah, I'd cut out all sugar except for one piece of fruit/day, and all refined carbs while I was pregnant. That helped with some of the more superficial symptoms like the athlete's foot (nasty). Unfortunately I was admitted to the hospital for about a week before they had to do an emergency C-section and needless to say, my ability to eat right just went downhill. Now it's come back with a vengence and honestly with a toddler and newborn I just don't have the time to...
She might want to call her ped. We've used suppositories before with my DS and we're always told just to put it part of the way in, it doesn't need to melt to work and it could *possibly* perforate the rectum if put in too far. A bf'd babe can go over a week without a bm and still be considered normal. BTW, it's best to get a ped's recommendation for using a suppository as they can affect normal bowel function with overuse.
Hi all, I've been lurking some and reading through past threads while I research on the internet about candida. I feel like I have info. overload and don't know where to go with it all. I've just recently realized that I probably have a pretty pervasive case of candida which, based on symptoms (which I won't even go into although I should probably sit down and write out the rediculously long list for myself), I've had for years and it's now (after my second pregnancy)...
(nak) Sorry, I don't really know about the kefir, although 24 hr yogurt is okay so there's a good chance, but wanted to suggest seeing a good homeopath for the lyme if you can find one. My sis and BIL were both sucessfully treated without antibiotcs. I'm struggling with pervasive candida and believe me, you don't want to get to that place. Seems like all of a sudden it's everywhere; it's scary.
This is a great idea. It's wonderful to start putting faces to names. Here's a recent pic of Noah, not very good but I haven't had time to sort through all the old ones or take many new ones. Noah 3 months http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...h_IMG_3773.jpg
Nak, Both my ds have/had GERD symptoms. First one got so bad he refused to nurse and would only eat from a bottle in a vibrating bouncy seat, crying the whole time. Meds helped him. With #2 I was on the lookout for symptoms and as soon as they popped up I started him on infant probiotics. He still spits up but with little or no pain. If your ds has any of the GERD symptoms then I would highly reccomend trying the probiotics (has to be infant, not regular acidophilis)...