or Connect

Posts by sewaneecook

Anyone have any advice for us?  I've definitely noticed that I can't keep up with my normal pace (far from it! ... nearly 2 minutes/mile slower!), I need more walking breaks, water breaks, and I stopped running hills (I LOVE running hills, it's almost a necessity in my neighborhood, but it exhausts me too much now).  Is that most of what I need to do?  Slow down, take breaks as needed?  Anyone found a belly band helpful?    IntownDoula, I see you're in Atlanta, I'm...
Our school gym weight room was available to all athletes.  Check that first! 
I have run 5 half marathons and 2 marathons and I'm in the middle of training for half #6 and I'm 5 weeks PG.  I'll be 16 weeks at the time of the race, but I've never trained for a race while PG before.  Any tips from those of you who have BTDT are appreciated!  I am on a masters swim team where I'll do a lot of cross training. 
I have removed 2 warts on DS1 using ACV and I'm in the process of removing a plantar wart on DS2 using this method.  I wish I had known about it years ago when I had a nasty plantar wart that took a lot of trips to the doctor before it went away.  The way I do it with my active DS where a bandaid won't hold for more than a few minutes on the bottom of his foot: The skin around the wart needs protecting from the ACV, so put some kind of oil (I use coconut oil because it's...
Thanks for the information about OTs.  We've met our deductible for the year, so it would be cheaper if we were able to go now rather than the beginning of next year.  I'll call DS's doctor to see if we can get a referral until we can see the developmental ped.
Thank you for your replies.  I started homeschooling DS about a week ago.  I have found that the more structured the day, the better he does.  I have a daily schedule that has our activities for each day (contains both pictures and words) using magnets that can be changed daily and I've found that the more detail it contains, the easier our day goes.  For example, yesterday I was doing a workout while DS ate breakfast and he said, "mommy, you can't work out, it isn't on...
My 6-year-old DS seems to fit an aspergers diagnosis, but he can't be evaluated for another 3-6 months (the wait list at the local developmental pediatrician's office).  Until I can get him in for an evaluation, I am trying to find things that are helpful for discipline and day-to-day interactions.  He has major meltdowns and tantrums that I can't predict nor can I stop them from intensifying.  My current way of dealing with them is staying at home so that we're not in...
dogretro, if the healthy logs aren't healthy in children, then what is healthy?  That's definitely a book I have to check out!  Thanks for the tip.
I don't know if I'm relieved or upset to read this!  With my 6-year-old DS I had always ruled out aspergers because he's such a social kid ... until reading this!  I call him the "town greeter" because he talks to everyone at stores, in restaurants, and everywhere else, but it's always a subject that's out of context if you haven't spent the day with him.  After reading this, I've looked up other signs of aspergers and he seems to fit.  One other thing that seems odd, if...
An interesting update:  We had the chiro appointment and he went from being wet anywhere from 1-5x/day to being dry for an entire week!  He was still wet every night, but during the day he didn't have a single accident for a week.  It's now been about a week and a half and each day since the week mark, he's started being wet more frequently.  After the appointment his bowel frequency and volume increased too!  We have another appointment today with the chiropractor and...