or Connect

Posts by sewaneecook

DH and I get $25/month to spend on whatever we want.  This includes the impromptu lunch out for him (when he forgets the lunch I've made for him or when he wants to eat out with co-workers) and lunch out for me when I'm running errands and I'm too lazy to pack a lunch.  If we need clothing, or we eat out for dinner as a family, or we go out for a movie, those things come out of clothing and entertainment funds.  If we want clothing or we run out of entertainment funds,...
I don't think a photo would show much.  The area is inside the buckle and difficult to even see.  After I unbuckle the seat, it looks like rust residue on the part that slides in to the buckle and inside the buckle looks like there is metal inside it (along with other plastic parts).  I may just call the company again and talk with a different person to see if I can get more information.  I can't imagine one of the most important parts of the seat would be made entirely...
DS vomited on his car seat.  I followed the seat manufacturer's cleaning instructions and when all was said and done, rust formed in the buckle part (the part that comes up between the legs).  When I called the company about it, the woman said that there shouldn't be anything that could rust in that part of the seat!  However, it's definitely a rust-like substance.  Is this seat still safe to use?  Can that part be replaced if it isn't safe (it's a TrueFit and doesn't...
I've been trying to eat a fruit smoothie for breakfast each morning and I try to make each thing in it count for something and I also try to keep down the extra sweetness.  Here'a a rundown of what I usually use:   Keifer (1 cup) - for probiotics and protein flax seeds (about 3 t.) - for fiber and omega 3s carrots - about 1 serving worth - adds nutrition without adding much flavor spinach - fresh or frozen - about 1/2 cup - adds nutrition without adding much...
I wouldn't trade in or sell a car until it was paid for and I had the cash to purchase another vehicle.  We have a '99 Accord with 185K miles and a '05 Corolla with 110K miles.  Both have needed repairs recently (stranding us once), but it's much cheaper to repair than to replace.  We will probably keep them both for at least another 3 years when we'll likely have another kiddo and it would be quite difficult putting 3 car seats in the Corolla (which we take to visit my...
I see you are near Atlanta.  We did a fantastic trip this past fall to Callaway Gardens.  We stayed at the Lodge during the week when rates were much lower (I think it was $79/night, but that could have been DH's government employee rate, I'm not sure).  They also have a cheaper place to stay, but when I've been there it wasn't nearly as nice.  We did a lot of walking (with kiddos in the stroller) to see things like their birds of prey show, their butterfly garden, there...
We have several different traditions that we do throughout Advent.  On the first day of Advent we make and decorate an Advent wreath with candles that get lit each week of the season (a church tradition), then we make and decorate strips of paper to have a chain that we take off one link each day.  We also do "Advent adventures" each day.  This can be something small like watching a Christmas special on TV with a big bowl of popcorn to something big like tonight for St....
I sign up for running races regularly.  If I do a couple half marathons per year, I don't have to worry about watching what I eat.  When I train I mix it up with running, swimming, lifting weights, and on occasion I'll throw in a couple of videos I have at home.  When I don't have a race scheduled, I have absolutely zero motivation to workout, despite loving it once I start and once I'm done.  It's been the only way I  stay motivated. 
My ILs have nearly 20 indoor cats plus they take care of about 10-15 roaming neighborhood cats and they have 3 indoor dogs.  My cat allergies aren't bad and a Zyrtec gets me through a visit.  However, DS gets a dry hacking cough while there and it continues for nearly a week after every visit and keeps up the whole family at night.  He also coughs for a few days after my ILs come over to our house to visit.  They only live an hour away, so we see them quite frequently. ...
I would rather have less space for bedrooms and more living space.  We use bedrooms for sleeping, but I could always use more room for kid play, elbow room, and a homeschooling room.  I would love to have a designated kid room where the purpose would change as the kids get older and I could close the door on the mess and not have it overflow to the rest of the house.  Our current toy room is also our TV room, computer room, and laundry room.  When the kids want to play...