or Connect

Posts by sewaneecook

I recently recovered from a foot injury where I couldn't do do any of my regular exercise for over 6 months.  One thing that I did was to adapt the videos I already had.  When there was a lot of jumping or high impact movements, I would do more ab work or repeat a different exercise ... add more push-ups, plank work, add extra weights to make cardio moves harder without doing the jumping, running in place, or other high impact moves.  During those 6 months my legs...
If we could have eggs in the house, I bet it would be good (the refined, tasteless, coconut oil).  DS has an anaphylactic allergy to them, so I haven't cooked an egg in 3 1/2 years!    
I could have written your post about my DS.  He just turned 5 and has horrible tantrums that don't seem to be related to sleep or food (although a lack of sleep or being hungry sometimes makes them worse, but they happen just as often when he's well rested and fed).  One thing that has helped is separating him when he gets violent (against people or things) and telling him he can come out when he's calm.  If we're out in public we immediately leave.  We usually try to do...
Labeling and using clear glass containers for storage.  You don't even have to spend much on new glass containers.  We've started using washed out glass spaghetti/applesauce/salsa/peanut butter or whatever glass jars we have lying around!  I put a piece of tape on the top and label it with contents and date.  If I can see what's in the fridge I'm much more apt to use it.  Keep them toward the front of the fridge or they tend to get lost at the back and never...
I'll have to check that out, thanks for sharing.  We use Dr. Bs for hand soap (watered down in a foaming dispenser) and really like it.  Do they have any other Dr. B products?
I see that you live in Athens.  The local LLL group is very active there and meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 10AM.  Here's a link to their website:  http://www.lllofga.org/group_pages10/AthensGA.html   Hopefully you can find out some supportive mamas as well as get some great information on all sorts of things birth and pregnancy related! 
SundayCrepes, I use coconut oil wherever I would use any oil.  When I sautee veggies, I do it in coconut oil rather than butter or olive oil.  It makes the BEST stovetop popcorn and cut up some potatoes (wedges, fries, whatever shape you desire), throw them in a covered bowl and add a couple T. of melted coconut oil and shake until all potato pieces are coated and bake at 450 until desired crispiness (super yummy).  I've found that it makes breaded foods much more golden...
I did call Radian yesterday and found out that the shoulders can be above the highest point (they are the only seat where this is allowed, I think).  I also found out from that conversation that there is another notch that part of the headrest is covering, so there is a taller slot for him. 
I just looked on the Britax website and realized they have a GREAT feature that tells the seat's seated to shoulder height limit (which is much more telling than just general height!).  I bought the more expensive Radian because it fit to 80 pounds with a 5-point harness.  Now I'm very frustrated because the cheaper MyRide65 (DS's car seat in DH's car) has a full 2 more inches of the seated shoulder height.  I wish all websites had this information on each car seat to...
I had thought that the Radian was going to last us since he's not that big.  Do you know the height restriction on the Britax boosters?  Before I knew any better I turned him to FF at 2 because he outgrew the height of his seat for RF.  I had thought this was going to be the last seat I had to buy him since he was still well under the weight limit (he's just over 40 lbs.).  I will buy him a new seat if it's necessary, but I really want it to last more than a couple years...