or Connect

Posts by ashley9742

Not exactly the same, but in a similar vein, my 7 year old informed me that at her school, if they wear "noodle straps" (meaning spaghetti straps), they have to wear another shirt over it. It was so cute.  Kind of made me sad because at 7, she doesn't have many of the cute mispronunciations anymore. 
This is really interesting.   My younger foster daughter is right on her sister's heels growth-wise!    DFD, almost 7, wears size 13 DFD, almost 5, wears size 12
My two FDs (ages 4 and 6) have both seemed to benefit from a short time of rocking each night (around 5 min or so) before bed.  I think it helps to calm them down and rocking is something they missed out on in their early years.  
I love these! I have a 3 y/o and 5 y/o. We have all kinds of cute mispronunciations around here, although some of them have already gone by the wayside. Kids grow up so quick. Riggit=ribbit rapticks=chapstick boo=moo (i.e. they are pretending to be cows, and all I hear is "Boo! Boo!") wallermelon=watermelon eveny=even on e mark, e set, go!=on your mark, get set go! amlience=ambulance pweece=police srash=trash The 3y/o sang the alphabet and said "Coo" instead...
Interesting, I'll have to try it. I had bad eczema as a child and still break out from time to time. My last foster baby had some patches of it and it didn't respond much to the lotion I used on her. Lots of potential for use of this home remedy at my house. Thanks for the tip.
Wow, mamas! I am getting quite an education. I have always slept with underwear. Not because there were ever rules about it in my house or because anyone ever told me to, I just wanted to. Now, it just seems natural and I feel more comfortable that way. I generally sleep fully clothed--either pajamas or a tank top and shorts. The funny thing is that my mom didn't wear underwear to bed when I was a kid. I always thought she was just kind of weird in that way. When...
I am in the process of becoming approved for fostering (hopefully will have a child in my home by December!). I am interested in ages 0-3 years. I was just thinking that I am not sure what the little ones will call me. Ashley? Miss Ashley? Miss Ashley seems a bit like a preschool teacher to me. Mom doesn't seem right, especially if they still have a mom that they are visiting. Maybe "mother" in some other language would work? I'm curious to see what everyone else...
Okay mamas, here's the deal: I am in the process of becoming a foster mom and expect to have my first kid(s) in the next few months. I'm trying to gather necessities and that includes car seats. I am slightly overwhelmed by the prospect of picking a carseat for a child I don't even have any measurements on (!). So, I will be approved for kids from birth to age 3. I already have an infant bucket seat. I would like to keep a child RF as long as possible. Price is...