or Connect

Posts by peilover010202

My older 3 kiddos have developed CP, so I'm guessing it's just a matter of time before my baby (6mo) develops them as well.  She is breastfeeding, so I'm really hoping that lends to a mild case for her.  Is there anything else I can do?  I did pump and freeze lots of early breastmilk, would that be beneficial to give her?  I usually don't bottle feed, but thought if it would be worth it, I could try syringe feeding her that milk.  I had read that it has higher amounts of...
We're actually battling CP right now.  I have 2 kiddos with it currently, and another recovering from it.  So, here is what I know (I'm in IN, btw.)  Our oldest developed symptoms first, and the school nurse at first felt like she should exclude my other son.  I talked with our dr, and he disagreed with her.  Ultimately, it was the decision of the Health Department though.  And, since it was only 1 isolated case, the Health Dept didn't feel it was necessary to exclude. ...
Meepy - I know, I'm kicking myself for being honest about it!  I really wish I would have just said he was feverish.  I did talk with our dr, who didn't feel like my other kids should be excluded from school until which point they exhibit symptoms.  But, the nurse said she has her own guidelines she needs to follow.  So, she's calling the Health Department for further instruction.  Apparently, she may not need to exclude as long as it remains "an isolated event".  So,...
I believe my oldest has CP, so I called the school to let them know.  I'm taking him to the dr to get it confirmed so it will go in his medical records.  Anyway, the school said that if ds is diagnosed, then our younger son will be excluded from school as well.   Is this right?  He's asymptomatic.  And, when there have been other cases at school (even in the same classroom) they haven't excluded our unvaxed kids before.   At this point, I don't know if it's...
The letter specifically said they would exclude any staff without current proof of immunity.  So, i imagine IF it even happens, then those teachers will go get vaxed and be done with it.
So, I'm in Indiana and we're are currently experiencing an "outbreak" of wild measles.  17 cases in the whole state.  All outbreaks have happened 3hrs NORTH of us.  Anyway, I get a letter in the mail from school about ds.  I have him on file as unvaxed (though he was actually vaccinated until age 2 in another state.)    The school is considering 1 or more measles infection(s) in the school to be an "outbreak" and will exclude all unvaxed or undervaxed kids for 21...
I have a home daycare, and because I'm licensed, I do follow the state requirements.  My state has a medical and religious exemption.  But, I know other providers who will "lie" and just refuse the child based on another reason.  That's really unfortunate.   I'm glad it all worked out for you!
My MIL was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer and will begin BCG immunotherapy (essentially the same as a TB vax, according to her dr).  It's a live attenuated virus.   Our boys are NOT vaxed, and I'm concerned about shedding since it's a live virus.  Does anyone have helpful articles in reference to BCG treatment and shedding?  Or can anyone lead me to some solid information?   This is a treatment that she'll undergo 1x/wk for 6 weeks.  And I...
All my boys got pertussis last Aug.  My youngest was 18mos at the time.  I have to admit.  It was scary.  I knew what to expect, and I actually just called the dr and said "The cough has lasted 3 weeks, and he's just started whooping.  Can we get a test to verify?  It was positive.  After much debate/concern, I gave him the antibiotics.  ds2 (was 4yo at the time) started coughing soon after, got him the meds right away (his was a MUCH more mild version.)   My 18mos...
My MIL was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer and will begin BCG immunotherapy (essentially the same as a TB vax, according to her dr).    Our boys are NOT vaxed, and I'm concerned about shedding since it's a live virus.  Does anyone have helpful articles in reference to BCG treatment and shedding?  Or can anyone lead me to some solid information?   This is a treatment that she'll undergo 1x/wk for 6 weeks.  And I really hate to exclude her from our boys for...