or Connect

Posts by peilover010202

I had a friend get "caught" by her ds's school. They aren't honoring her exemption now. She could probably fight it, but she hasn't...
I own a home daycare. My children are not vaccinated. But, I have 1 parent who is absolutely FREAKING out about swine flu. She's on board to have her 12mo old vaccinated ASAP. BUT, I have concerns for my own children's safety. I won't be getting them vaccinated against this. And I see there is a potential that children will receive the live virus (mist). Is the injection live or dead? Is it realistic for me to EXCLUDE children who have been vaccinated for a full...
Quote: Originally Posted by Evan&Anna's_Mom The problem with rotating things is that they don't have a chance to get really good at it before moving on. Well, I agree to a point. If the child looses interest or doesn't like it, then it's time to move on. We rotate activities when ds1 looses interest (and I think most kids can reach that point). We did ask him to commit to swimming for a bit so that he would get the fundamentals down. He's...
We rotate activities here. I prefer that ds not be involved in more than one activity at a time, it's just takes away too much family time. For us, we know it's time to switch things up when ds loses that excitement for it. so, he took swimming for about 5 full months, then moved on to basketball, back to swimming, tae kwon do for 1 month, tball for 2 months, swimming for 1 month. Now he's been preparing for a kid's triathlon. He'll be starting K in the fall, so...
Really, a skateboard? He's been wanting one, but I just wasn't sure he would be capable of it. Does your son have a ramp too? Or does he just use it on flat ground? He would be thrilled if he got a skateboard.
Does she have a new sibling? Our 5yo ds just went through this with new baby was born. His frequency continued for about 1 month. The BEST thing we did was to stop talking about it. We let him go, even if it was an inconvenience (say, while we were driving, we just stopped ASAP). No discussion about it. We also r/o UTI, kidney function, diabetes. We did think we found the official diagnosis : pollakiuria
I agree, reinforce front to back. Also, see if you can find UNscented wipes. The scented ones have caused some problems around here for the girls that I babysit. (more with yeast than UTI's). I would have her bathe every night for a bit until you see better results.
My ds1 will be turning 6 in August. I'm looking for some creative gift ideas. We have so many toys that I'm am struggling with wasting money on even one more. We also have tons of basic craft supplies, but he does enjoy making crafts or artwork. Also, I need book suggestions for him too. It seems he's outgrowing a lot of the books we have (just aging out of them). He cannot read yet. So, I'm looking for books I can read to him AND beginner reading books to get...
I've dealt with it through 2 children. I don't know why, but my older 2 HATED my left breast too. Now, my 8 week old is starting to refuse it too (he will only drink right after letdown and then gets fussy and pops off and on). Anyway, with ds1 mine was the worst (C cup on right and A cup on left.) I was never successful in building supply - I always started him on left side, pumped 3x day at work (when I worked), etc. No help AT ALL. So, I went to walmart and bought...
ds2 LOVES trucks, cars, etc. We have a dirt pile outside (4 landscaping timbers) filled with DIRT. We have gardening tools out there, big dump trucks, monster trucks (make a dirt track). He also LOVES to play dressup. I have a box full of costumes (bought off-season, so really cheap), hats,scarves, boots, etc. Kitchen stuff (even having him "pretend" to make me a meal.) Sprinkler Ride-on toys like a tricycle T-ball (my younger ds likes this way more than my...