or Connect

Posts by peilover010202

A-- B-- C--Caleb, Cooper D-- E--Eliza, Eden F-- Franklin G-- Gwyneth, Genevieve H--Heinrich I-- India, Ian J--Jacey. Julian, Joyce K-- Kenady L-- Lucas M-- Mason, Miriam, Mathias, Maezey N-- Nora, Nessa O-- Oliver P-- Parker, Piper, Phoebe Q-- R--River, Raymond, Ramsay S-- Sierra, Sophia T-- Tobias (Toby), Terran U-- V-- W-- X-- Y-- Z-- Zachary
Thanks monkeypants and OTmomma. I'm a little saddened that he may never be the same though. I don't know why I wasn't expecting this, I guess because the transition after ds2's birth seemed so easy for him. This has been so much more in every way. It hurts to think of how he must feel right now. We spent the weekend TV-free and just really tried to reconnect with him. We "camped" in the backyard and had a great time! Hopefully he'll be feeling better soon.
what about a weaving loom for potholders and such? I loved those as a child and my 5.5yo ds likes to do it too.
I'm lost right now. ds1 (5.5yo) is struggling and I don't know how to help him. We had a new baby 7 weeks ago (another son). ds1 is SO affectionate, gentle and loving with him. But, since ds3's birth, ds1 has begun displaying some unusual behaviors. #1 Frequent urination. Dr thinks it's pollakiuria, but is sending us to a Ped Urologist to to be thorough. All labwork has been clean, we've checked renal function, glucose, urine. #2 playing with feces. This...
We're in a similar situation, although dh's aunt lives fairly close. But, I've decided to have the boys put their handprints on a piece of pottery, paint, and fire it. (like a small plate) Our boys are her world, so I know she'll appreciate that. I think anything that he likes would be helpful. Is there a favorite place of his? Maybe you could get a postcard or picture of it and send along? A journal for him to write in? But definitely a card that tells him WHAT...
Background: dh's aunt (S) was diagnosed with cancer about 1 month ago. It's a very aggressive form and the dr has given us a life expectancy of 6 weeks to 18 mos. We went for a visit after S had her biopsy. S's daughter (M) was there (she's 38 and an only child.) M was very standoffish during the visit, even going as far and leaving each room that I walked into. I thought it was bizarre, but chalked it up to dealing with everything. Well, fast forward a week, M...
I would have been annoyed too. Having a newborn and an older child is rough stuff! I know that I struggle with giving them all the one on one time they need, feel guilty when it can't happen, etc. BUT, I have also found that helping dh strengthen HIS bond with our boys during this time helps immensely. So, I really foster that. dh takes our older boys on bike rides several nights a week, he takes them to the park, takes them swimming. When Ian gets a bit older, I'll...
Do you have a swing? Do you have a pump? Have you tried letting your dh give babe a bottle each night so you can get a longer stretch of sleep? Will babe sleep in the car or swing? Part of the issue may be that he's overstimulated and has so much adrenaline rushing that he cannot get to sleep. When he wakes in the am, aim for getting him back to sleep in 1 hr. At this point, he should have several naps a day (6-ish of them) with no more awake time than 2 hrs. (I...
So, I had mild depression while I was pg with ds2 and after suffering from ppd for about 1 yr, I decided to go on meds. I stayed on meds until ds2 was about 2yo. Well, fast forward to pg #3. I felt GREAT through the whole pregnancy and I'm now 2 week postpartum. Absolutely no symptoms of PPD this time around and I actually feel guilty. I guess part of me is re-living the 1st year of ds2's life and remembering how I felt. Completely emotionally unavailable and I...
Hey everyone! I haven't been too active posting on the board, mostly because I'm due on 4/29. So, at the beginning of my pregnancy, I was expecting to go over (even though I had both my boys a bit early). But, now that I have 2 weeks to edd, I'm SO READY. This lo is already engaged, so I'm having so much pubic symphysis pain, it's unreal. I keep telling myself that lo is doing everything he should right now, he's engaged, my cervis is ripening, my cervix is...