or Connect

Posts by peilover010202

I think everyone's experience will be different. I had SROM with ds1 but active labor never really started. Sure, I had cx, but they never changed my cervix. So, I started pit at the 24hr mark. With ds2, active labor started on its own, but my cervix wouldn't change because my waters were still intact and his head just couldn't come low enough to do anything. At that point, I opted for AROM and delivered him 2 hrs later. I don't think that AROM will guarantee that...
My dr said 3-5 min apart lasting at least 1 min. With that said, I had a similar labor that you did with ds1. My cx were mild until transition hit. Heck, I was even on pit. I still walked and talked through them. But, when transition hit, it was all over in 30 minutes. Well, I fully expected labor to be similar with ds2. But, it was night and day different. The cx were stronger and took my breath away early (WAY before transition.) Now, with this pregnancy, I've...
I did that with ds2. Over the course of one week, I had them off and on. Everything about it was inconsistent - the length of cx, the strength of cx (some were very uncomfortable, some were just "there"), even the frequency. They did eventually become real later on in the week. My water never did break and I really think that ds2 was trying to get into a better position.
Quote: Originally Posted by ~Sarah~ I really hope that it can go down like that----that would be ideal! What I'm basing some of my expectations on are the experience I had a few months ago, letting MIL know that we really appreciate a phone call before people stop by, so that we can tidy up just a bit (like not having dirty dishes on the coffee table and whatnot) and not be in our underwear. In reality, it's so that we can have the chance to not answer...
I've always been a huge nester for most of the 3rd tri. Drives dh batty. So, for me, it's not a sign of labor, but that doesn't mean it isn't for you!!
Aw Jen! I've been watching for your little guy! Congrats on a perfect birth and baby! CONGRATS AND WELCOME TOBY!!
I had a few with ds2. They were uncomfortable, but totally bearable. My dr actually just told me how much more dilated I was after the sweep (not what progress I made with cx after the sweep). So, he checked me, told me my dilation, swept me, then told me "okay, now you are a stretchy 4 or 5 or whatever." I had it done 2 weeks in a row (38w, 39w and I had ds at 39w1d). So, I know it helped with dilation and it probably helped with labor. But, I did go at 38w6d with...
Okay, I'm measuring 42" at 36 weeks.
I survived a pit induction with no pain meds. I basically did what you have, except I had an ob, who instructed me to go to the hospital right away when my water broke to "check the color". So, I was in the hospital trying to get labor going before the magic # arrived. Long story short, cx never did become productive so we started pit 28hrs post-water breaking. I actually slept the first 3hrs after they started it. I woke up, got in the shower for 15 min, then...
Well, i'm interested to see what happened!! I used it with my first pregnancy. My water had broken and dr was going to start pit at 24hrs. So, after about 18hrs of no cx (and water broken), I drank it with oj (4oz total) spaced 1 hr apart. It didn't help get labor going, but I was cleaned out before ds1 arrived. We ended up starting pit about 28hrs after water had broken. So, the castor oil had 10-ish hours to "work". you could try EPO to thin your cervix. ...