or Connect

Posts by MissRubyandKen

Anyone doing a timeline? Care to share? We are going to start one, but I'm not quite sure how I'd like to do this. I'm salivating over the Homeschool in the Woods items, but can't afford it right now. I managed to get stickers from Pandia Press to use. They are black & white, but nice. I think we'll need to do this homemade for now, but I am very open to hearing what others are doing. I've got a ton of large file folder I got on clearance, the stickers, and a free pdf...
Has anyone used the free Meet the Masters art appreciation manual? I think I'm going to incorporate it into our studies, seems simple enough.   I also wanted to rec this book- The Elements. This book is wonderfully visual and has a short bit of interesting info on each of the elements.   Also has anyone used this free Young Novelist's workbook? Dd wants to do this just for fun, purely creative writing. She'll be starting today. :)  
Thanks Momma Aimee, I love book lists. :) I was just looking at this one from TWTM.    
Now I've another book added to my must read list, sooner rather than later. Thank you! I really should have been curious where it came from, but for some reason it never crossed my mind. Another poster had it in their signature. I PMed them to tell them how much I liked the quote. They told me I could have it as they were thinking of changing their quote anyhow! :)
MLW- It is interesting to me that you say your ds made it his own. I never really thought about it, but it makes sense. We all have unique handwriting, after all. Now I'm wondering if ds might have benefited from clearer, well laid out handwriting instruction. I did buy a well laid out book to use for cursive, thinking it may be of benefit. I actually do the same thing ds does with handwriting. I can have very nice handwriting when I try, but generally it is atrocious,...
Welcome bass chick! :)   I love homeschooling (most of the time, lol)! The big kids are memorizing the days of the week poem and each wanted to know the days they were born. I looked it up online and discovered both my eldest dd and my youngest dd were born on days with total lunar eclipses. I knew my youngest was, because I saw it and who could forget seeing that while in labor, but I didn't see the one with my older dd. This led to researching more about eclipses....
Saw this thread yesterday and wanted to post that there are Melissa and Doug food sets 50% off on amazon today :). We have felt, wood, crocheted, and food made from some other cloth material(?). We love it all. We have cats and hair isn't a big bother on the felt for whatever reason. I am most fond of the wooden food. I love the cutting sets and magnetic sets, too fun! Dd who is almost 3 plays with it all.
So, I'm looking for feedback or advice on this issue I've been kicking about. Part of myself wants to have a set plan mapped out for the coming years, especially as far as our History cycle. Prior to our school year starting in July we were relaxed, ecclectic homeschoolers. My interest in classical ed peaked as more and more of my choices were aligned with classical homeschoolers' choices. I skimmed through the original WTM book years ago, reading relevant parts to my...
MLW- Thanks for starting the new thread. :) I agree baking Fridays sound awesome! My kids would love that, especially my eldest dd, who has a sweet tooth. I actually already purchased the Sentence Composing, hehe. It came today and I like the looks of it, so thanks for the rec. I'll be looking forward to your reviewing of both books. I'm coveting the All Things Fun & Fascinating as well. I went and looked at samples and I think my dd would enjoy the exercises. Do you...