or Connect

Posts by MissRubyandKen

Quote: Originally Posted by PJsmomma MissRubyandKen Have you looked at Ambleside's Year 0 book list? My son and I loved them! http://www.amblesideonline.org/00.shtml I think we started it when he was 3. I remember looking at these lists a long time ago, but forgot about them. Thanks , I will look at it again. She'll be three in February, so not too far off.
Does anyone have book suggestions for a two year old who loves to listen to stories for an hour or more straight? We've read every picture book we have at least thrice and most more so. We have collections of Madeline and every Little Bear and more than one treasury with multiple good books. I often end up reading 5-6 stories a night, or more. I'm wondering if she might not appreciate a chapter book at this point! Something quality and relatively simple with pictures? Or...
Jessica- I do that as well, with forgetting to eat breakfast. I often have coffee first thing, then I get busy and don't remember to eat until everyone else is eating lunch. I really think it is not good for my blood sugar nor my metabolism. I've gained a nice chunk of weight here lately and I really think this is a contributing factor. I end up making up the meal really late after everyone else is sleeping and I'm about ready for bed. I really need to start eating...
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchy_mama We didn't do any school today, nothing, nada! Lots of reading tonight though, dh is currently reading Magic Treehouse to the kids. They are now on #21. He loves those books. My house is cleaner though and I cooked some yummy corn chowder today, homemade grainfree crackers and super yummy liverwurst pate. Tomorrow more reading, games, cooking and cleaning. I'd love the grainfree cracker recipe if you...
Those egg shapers do sound cool! Well, today has been one of those days that just don't work out as planned. I planned to walk my two year old to the library toddler storytime, with the big kids in tow, then walk to Pizza Hut so the big kids could use their Book It coupons. Yeah, didn't happen. I forgot my house key is in the bag on my stroller, which is locked in the garage, which I don't yet have my own key for. I told myself to get everything ready last night, but I...
crunchy mama- Been there, done that with my diet and I know how tough it can be excluding certain foods. I'm currently GF, but the rest of the house isn't which has its own challenges. I was vegan in the past, but since having to go gf I eat alot of meat. I tried gf and vegan and my weight went down to 105! My normal weight is about 120 and I'm guessing I'm currently about 125-130! Not sure, my scale is broke, which is probably a good thing, lol. We are using Simply...
I'm enjoying checking in and reading everyone's posts even though I don't contribute much . Another lover of books. I spent a lot of time this summer filling some shelves with quality chapter books so the kids' could have a better variety at home to choose from. I too love buying used and love deals, lol. I'm all the time on the lookout for cool used stuff. We finally finished Prehistory yesterday and started Ancient History today. The kids enjoyed the mapwork! I used to...
I haven't read through the entire thread, yet, but I have read most. I want for mothers what most women want, safe births empowered by informed choices. I have never judged a woman for having a c-section. I have never had a c-section. I have however wondered if a c-section was necessary or not many times. The reason why is because the risks involved are higher, the outcomes poorer, and breastfeeding and recovery can be more challenging with a c-section. If the c-section...
109?!?!?!?! Yikes! We were blessed with cool weather yesterday, but today is rainy unfortunately. I was hoping for lots of outside time today. I'm caring for my cousin's two year old for an undetermined amount of days. Having my two year old and hers can get kinda crazy! It goes best with lots of outside time, focused attention, and directed play. Otherwise they just tear the house apart and fight, fight, fight, lol. So I'm savoring my cup of coffee and grabbing a few...
I'm thinking of buying a set of bamboo dpn as I currently have only 1 size of metal ones. They are priced right. I have used a circular bamboo needle and wasn't fond of how it wasn't as smooth as others, but was thinking this might be an advantage with dpn as yarn wouldn't slide of the end and it would allow more control? Any opinions? Also would 6" or 7" be your preference? There is also 8" ones too, lol. Please share! I think I'm ordering these today! Thanks