or Connect

Posts by laohaire

I just wanted to point out, so you can think about it, that heat does not in any way cause abusive behavior.   Ask yourself: does heat cause YOU to be abusive? Of course not.   As for being drunk, there is good reason to think that alcohol does not cause abusive behavior either - but, even if actually accept that alcohol can in some causes cause a non-abusive person to engage in abusive behaviors, a non-abusive person will not drink. If, whenever you had a beer, you...
Ditto. Hugs.   I feel like my life is just going by and I'm not able to live it.   But the symptoms are 'all in my head" and I need to just "get over it." Every day, every hour, I have this internal monologue trying to talk myself through it... "no, really, you're not just lazy. You still want to do all these things. A few years ago you would have done them without even thinking. No, really, you're not just imagining that your brain isn't working as well....
  lol, so much for my attempt to help you.   TSH was .77 last time it was checked (2 years ago).   Hyperactive at night, no.   I have in my life experienced blood sugar problems but have controlled that totally in the last 10 years with a better diet. So I remember how they feel and sometimes feel "tricked" into believing my fatigue is like a blood sugar drop (though it doesn't feel the same) but it doesn't respond to eating something (like it did when I actually had...
I'm floundering too. Here are the things that seem to have made some improvements, but nothing quick and easy. Basically, all the stuff people say about being healthy, all the common-sense stuff that is so easy to blow off.   Eating well, reducing or eliminating processed foods. Reducing or eliminating caffeine and alcohol. Reducing carbs, keeping a steady blood sugar level. Personally, I've not found increasing fats to be problematic at all. Sleeping enough...
Here is a partial list of things to consider.   * Lyme disease * Other autoimmune disease (rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus, multiple sclerosis, sjorensen's, etc.) * Heavy metal toxicity (such as mercury - amalgam fillings for example - but also lead, copper, etc) * Adrenal fatigue (though this may be simply another symptom rather than the root cause, but other times it's the root cause) * Dietary sensitivity or allergy - common culprits are gluten (wheat...
I was born in the mid-70s and I don't think they were as accurate about dating then, just using LMP and that's it (ultrasounds were very rudimentary). I too was supposedly ridiculously late (like, 6 weeks).   In my case, nothing hinky - I am clearly, clearly related to both of my parents.   Despite my supposed "lateness," my mom's doctor didn't freak or anything, it was no big deal. That makes me think that they would see "off" dates all the time then.
I guess than answer is to call it a Volvo, then. Mystery Solved.
Oops, my bad.   Yet.... "Mommy has a Volvo" works for the grocery store line.   "Mommy has a vulvita" - you're gonna get looks, man.
Do you work so hard to avoid other "heavy-sounding" words?   I don't know how a "heavy" word is constructed, but by golly, if Vulva is one, then Volvo must be too! "Mommy, what kind of car is that?" "Well, honey, it's a, uh, it's a Swedish car, honey."   Face it, the argument that the pronunciation is difficult or unpleasant is just ... let's say misleading.   The word is heavy because society imbues it with shame. It's not your fault. It's not your fault at...
  Storage - I put mine in a little plastic container with a lid.   Application - I take a pinch of it out with my thumb and forefinger and smear it around on my armpit with my hand. Coconut oil is solid at cooler temperatures and liquid at warmer temperatures - don't quote me on the exact temperatures, but around 70F(ish) it gets very soft and around 80F(ish) it is pretty liquid. Below 70F(ish) it's pretty solid but you can still pinch it. The room temperature doesn't...