or Connect

Posts by laohaire

"I am your parent."
My thoughts, some of which echo what was already said, and some of which somewhat contradict:   Some people mean well but just aren't going to get it until time passes. You could just not worry about it and chances are, they'll stop this line of patter in a few years. Yes, justifying to your mom does send the wrong message. It's your and your husband's choice. She has absolutely no say. She does not need to be convinced. You don't have to try. She may think...
If it's about weight, my 25 stubborn pounds that I couldn't get rid of for years even when starving myself on 500-600 calories a day, came off when I eliminated wheat from my diet. I did not turn to GF substitutes, I just stopped including wheat in my diet.
I'm sorry, I think I missed something, I don't really understand. You say you have no serious problems and then you write this:   Those are serious problems. The joints thing, that's just going to get worse and it can get debilitating - especially given that you have issues already at your age. The eyesight thing, I don't know what to say, it's a big deal.   I like pasta too. So I guess the question is - and I'm totally serious - which do you want more: pasta or...
I don't know how enthused I am with the prevailing sentiment that "it's all normal, honey" which, I'm sure none of you mean it like this at all, but comes across to me like "so shut up and deal."   I don't think she's expecting too much participation from her husband. And I don't think it's useful to just blow it off like "well, he's clearly stressed too." So he's holding down a job, that's stressful, but how many of us are doing the same? It's no free ticket out....
I doubt I'm the best person to answer this - I don't have celiac and am not a parent of a child with celiac or anything. However, it really jumped out at me that your mother apparently fed you a diet of products labelled Gluten Free. There is an alternative.   You could avoid eating products and just eat foods naturally free of gluten. It does take an effort to change the diet, but it's definitely worth it - much healthier not to mention yummier.   So, for...
I really have nothing to complain about, but I feel itchy.   We recently completed BS3 and I was supercharged to move on to paying down the mortgage. But in March, we had to spend $1k on certain required items and we will have to spend a couple of months paying ourselves back. Boo-hoo, right? I guess I would have felt better about it if I had 3 months of paying down the mortgage under my belt, it's just like suddenly I'm next in line for the ride but I have to wait...
I'm sorry, you have really legitimate reasons for feeling like you're carrying too much yourself and having no support.
I think you're upset with the wrong people. The fact that caseworkers aren't working with you is reasonable. The fact that your husband won't tell you anything is indicative of a problem.  
Wow, congratulations! You must be so excited! I would be too! Suddenly things are different!   Sorry for your loss.