or Connect

Posts by laohaire

As someone who considers her immediate family to be DH and DD, I think I can answer - she didn't mean her mother was a distant relative but extended family. You just jumped to distant relative for some reason.
You look in your 20s... vague I know, but I've stopped pinning specific ages on people. You don't look like a teenager. 22 maybe. I would not be shocked if you said you were 20 or 28. If you said you were in your teens or 30s, I'd be surprised though.
I get your point, but if you needed a break and felt you could not be honest about it - you still would have, say, left some diapers for your diapered child, right? You know? Packed a diaper bag with the basics. Lied if you felt you had to - "Oh, I just keep her diaper bag with everything, you never know when you'll need it!"   You might have, say, called back after getting an urgent message and said "I am very sorry about this, but this is taking longer than I thought....
And not merely ignoring urgent text messages - but saying "oh, I'm just getting a bite to eat" all blase.   But this is already a thing of the past, there's new stuff. This whole thread makes me so sad for that little girl I could cry, I really mean that. Just thinking about her having to cry for 2-3 hours while her mom exposed her to an environment she could not cope with because of SN... having to cry for that long would make me physically ill. And her mom probably...
I really like to consider others and don't value making every choice about mememe. That said, girl, you should move and not look back.   The landlord is providing shelter to you in exchange for money. The shelter is inadequate. In fact, the landlord is crazy to let this continue - winter hasn't even technically begun yet and it will get COLDER. When you struggle that hard to heat it to 52 or 55, that means that if you turn off/down the heat for a little while (even a...
Yeah, it's awful now, the floodgates are open :)   Happened to DH too. Now we're talking about all sorts of things. We hate our dining room table, for example. We bought it new for $1000 from a furniture showroom and it's not well made and it doesn't fit our family. It was a bad choice we made (the only furniture we ever bought) - I even knew it wasn't exactly what I wanted but we felt completely under the gun. We had just had DD and I really felt walloped from her...
Oy, I must be weird - I HAD a leopard print tophat (but not velour - it was actually felt) when I was 16.   I loved it until it got rained on. Yeah, it was felt. Destroyed.  
1) I just spoke to a mom yesterday who is actually an occupational therapist, and yes, she uses the pencil grip thingies for 5 year olds.   2) Just compared to my non-gifted daughter and also based on my general knowledge - She pretty much only wants to write capitals, and only in the last week has sort of been open to learning the lower case letters - Mirror writing is age appropriate - This is the typical age to work on stroke formation   I've been working with cheap...
I agree with not being sucked in to the labels.   You don't want introduce your kids to Kool Aid and Pringles any more than you want to introduce them to cigarettes just because "you don't have control." If that makes you not an unschooler, fine. You are not, by the way, crazy. Some people may disagree with you, but you're not missing anything. You already have your own values on food and you should feel free to stand firm.   As for the unschooling group, I'd say...
OK, I've thought about this pretty hard for a few days.   I don't think I "need" new towels. Holes or not, they still dry our bodies just fine. I don't "need" to shop for new towels knowing they'll fall apart very soon, either, because I doubt they will. I'm sure we'd get another 5 years out of them at least.   All the same, I have decided that 27 years is too long to wait to have a few nice things in the house. I could wait a year or 3 years or maybe 5 years but...