or Connect

Posts by Clarinet

Wow. Gotta love the post dedicated to correcting grammar and punctuation. It really makes that person seem like he/she has a valid arguement since his/her rebuttal is "you are stupid." [/sarcasm] As for the original post, I feel very bad for the poor little five year old who was so traumatized by the appearance of boobs. However, he should blame his parents for making him believe that boobs are sexual and bad, not the breastfeeders.
Quote: Originally Posted by Trishy My ds1 is left handed. I knew he was for sure when he was 8 months old. You talk about it like it is some kind of disability or, in the least, an undesirable quality. It's not. : I'm not sure why you feel uneasy about it. Mine showed her preference early on while feeding herself and we knew for sure when she started pretend writing at around a year and a half. She cuts with scissors and throws a ball with...
Quote: Originally Posted by QuantumMama Why are lactivists asked to do these things? I feel it's because we are sending out the message that they need to be educated. Instinctually, we all know how to breastfeed and we also know it's the best choice for our baby (if given the choice). None of us need education when it comes to our bodies...we know how to give birth, we know how to breastfeed...these things are instinctual. I don't know exactly...
It all sounds really familiar - be too harsh and you'll force people to rebel and formula feed. Offer too much information and you'll force people to rebel and formula feed. Offer too often and you'll force people to rebel and formula feed. Sounds like a bunch of lousy excuses. And, quite frankly, I'm a little miffed at all the negative phrasing - spouting information, too many voices, pushing it on people, rejecting formula. It sounds awfully close to "why don't you just...
What dates are the tickets for? I bought some plane tickets in August for a December vacation and then decided against going. Luckily, the airline changed the flight times so I called and said it was unacceptable (and it really was; the layover would have been over four hours, making the total trip something absurd like 8 hours and I would have had a five month old and a three year old with me) and I got a full refund, no fees or anything. If the date is a few months off,...
: If I ask my five year old to clean her room, I'm going to get tears, frustration, anger. If I ask her to pick up her blocks, then the trucks, then the dolls, we get a lot more accomplished. I prefer the stuff separated in their spaces but if she stuffs it all in one basket, I'm OK with it. It's off the floor.
I read the whole thread. And honestly, I think you SHOULD withdraw as SIL's support system. That's so she can find another. Not vocalizing your disapproval doesn't mean she doesn't feel your judgment. Simply saying "we'll baby sit but you can't go out on a date" is judgment. You have every right to decide when and where and how you want to baby sit. You have every right to decide not to baby sit. You don't have any right to dictate what she can and can't do. I, too,...
I'm horrible about saving too many clothes. We had two summer girls and I saved everything that was not terribly stained. I currently have two totes full of clothes too small for both girls (and maternity clothes) and one tote for each of them of clothes to grow into. I'm also quite frugal so if I see something in a larger size at the consignment store and it's a good price (ours has blue jeans for only 50 cents and winter jackets for only $3), I pick it up. We have an...
Those are cute! I love to sew but I don't have a snap press.
I make things for people and I'd much rather see a semi-raggedy looking blanket 20 years in the future instead of a pristine plastic-bagged spent all it's life on a closet shelf blanket.