or Connect

Posts by worcma

Can anyone inform on other providers at St. Vincent's besides the MW @ Fallon?  Are their backup doctors consistently VBAC friendly?    Who else does VBACs there?   The statistics show a decent number of VBACs there but I cannot figure out how to find who is doing them.
Can anyone give me an up to date recc on providers supporting VBAC in MA?  I'm not in interested in HB.  I've used WHA in the past and had good experiences but they're not terribly convenient to me now.  The c/s was due to previa and I've had a prior vaginal birth so I think I'm a good canidate.   Thanks.
I'm not a big scheduler but getting them both to eat and sleep at the same time is really helpful. I set one goal a day to get done. Whether it is small (email people back, pay a bill) or larger. And make sure it gets done. If you only have to do one thing at a time, it all seems more manageable. Having one goal for housework seems to work well too. Today I just want to get one bathroom reasonably clean. I also write down everything. Get a notebook and a...
Third vote for WHA at NWH. I didn't have a natural birth with them for my twins due to an unavoidable complication but I did a ton of research and they appear to be the very best shot. They were fairly hands off during the PG which I appreciated. I also primarily saw the MWs but I met both docs and liked them both, Dr. Richer especially. As for NWH, the staff was very relaxed with me after my twin birth. They more or less left me alone. I got not one hassle or...
Right now, I like EZ2Nurse sitting either cross-legged or with my feet slightly propped up with a foot stool (it props the pillow and the babies up higher). II use a regular bed pillow folded over on my back. I also really prefer to use it in a biggish chair. I squeeze the pillow around me so that it just fits in between the arms of the chair (making the middle hole smaller). I also mostly use the back, flat size...otherwise they slip in the hole
Mine were born at 38 1/2 wks. At around 6 wks, they started sleeping longer during the night (between 4-6 hrs). Slwoly they started sleeping 45-1 hr at naps. At around 10 wks, they started to take a longer morning/early afternoon nap of 1.5-2 hrs. Now, at 13 wks they're down to bed at 8 pm (after a bath and long nursing session), up around 2-3 am, and then awake again at 7 am. So doable and they did it all on their own - no sleep training, little crying. The...
I have 3 mo old twins. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, mine miraclously moved forward and started sleeping better, going for longer between feedings, etc. My AP with twins is to remain plugged into their needs and do whatever works for them. Mine sleep much better apart and not in our room (one twin is a very light sleeper). Totally different than what I intended and what I did with DD but it works & the babies are happy. One twin slept in a...
I'd buy the crib. Although I fully intended to put my twins in the same crib, they seem to sleep much better apart right now (at 3 mo.). One twin is a light sleeper and woke up everytime his noisy brother made a sound. He also woke up when DH started snoring in our room; so I moved them to their cribs a bit earlier than I expected. Plus, right now, they wake once a night to eat and I sit up and tandem feed them. When I've tried nursing them side lying while...
Quote: Originally Posted by mama_tigress I tried the Kolcraft in the store and it just was too big for me. We have a Baby Jogger City Mini that I love because it's compact and folds easily and fits through all the doors, and I can easily steer it with one hand if necessary (and it turns on a dime), and I use it all the time. I also have in my garage a Peg Perego Duette that I bought used on craigslist, and we use that for strolling around the...
Quote: Originally Posted by DiannaK I'm an ER nurse, and was working 20-30 hours per week when I was PG with the boys. At 14 weeks, the 'gloom and doom' OB that I saw when we discovered we were having twins told me I needed to prepare to stop working. Not sure how I was supposed to pay my bills, but anyway .... The 'you-must stop working by __ wks' advice always irritated me too. I think most proclaimations, esp. in obstetrics, are at best...