or Connect

Posts by firsttimemama

Hi Dr. Bob,   Thanks for answering questions on this forum.  I was wondering if you have noticed any differences between autism in vaccinated children and autism in unvaccinated children, such as, differences in how the autism manifests, or what treatments it responds to. I suspect my son's autism was genetically predisposed through the autoimmune disease history in my family -- would this point you towards or away from any particular autism treatments or do you...
..and their scheme works perfectly.  Everyone spends all day talking about whether Wakefield is a liar or not, and no one is talking about the 10% increase per year or 1 in 58 boys or the fact that researchers (Pessah, etc) are telling the US Senate that there is NO WAY this increase is genetic that it is absolutely ENVIRONMENTAL.  Why did the gov't seal the Hannah Poling record?  What don't they want us to see?  Why won't they do an unvax vs vax study?  Don't tell me...
1. Because people with lots of money and power don't want the study done.  They have something to lose (money) 2.  Because the US Gov't is convinced that any change to the US vaccination schedule will be a major catastrophe 3.  Because fault would be found and the lawsuits would be enormous   Do vaccines cause autism? Yes, sometimes. (Hannah Poling)  Are vaccines the only thing that cause autism? No.  How do I know this? Because my unvaccinated son is autistic.  Do I...
This is my experience.. There is a very significant history of autoimmune disease in my family. I started out planning to delay vaccines in my son, but the more I read the less I wanted to vax. He received zero vaccinations. At age 2.5 he was diagnosed with autism. I feared he was at more risk for autism, and he was. Peds thought I was crazy, I was right. Some people have wrongly assumed that this proves vaccines don't cause autism .. I don't tell those people that...
My son is recently diagnosed, nearly 3. I suspected his autism - his peds never did. I urge you to go with your gut. As for pursuing an early diagnosis.. I can see it both ways. On one hand, I am glad in a way that I had the time I had with my son pre-diagnosis. It's hard to articulate (and I hope what I'm writing doesn't offend anyone) but I think it had something to do with.. well, I can't explain it really. It's too personal, and would take too many words,...
I'm having a very tough time with this decision. In my state, I can elect to extend DS IFSP and continue to get ST, Special Ed, OT, etc through the county. Or, I can choose to go to IEP at this point, over to the school system, and do preschool. The preschool they are offering is 5 days a week for half days. He's going from "no school" to that. It feels like a big jump. The county is having him join a little "transition preschool" they do through the EI...
My son (who is on the spectrum) who turns 3 in Nov is still nursing and can make all those sounds. If nursing makes you unable to make those sounds.. well. He can? so.. I don't know, sounds kinda fishy to me.
My son was consistently inconsistent too.. still is. He passed the MCHAT at his 2 yr appt.. his ped didn't catch his autism.. I did, a couple months later.. Which characteristics of autism is he not showing? the social piece? the behavior piece? Dr Sears (of the vaccine book & the autism book) has some really strong feelings in the autism book about not waiting to treat when autism is suspected/possible.
Just a month ago, I was where you are. *hug* I was surprised that the person who delivered my son's diagnosis was so *sure* it was "autism" and not PDD or Aspergers. Now, I have several more thoughts about it.. one, providers seem to be moving more to the autism diagnosis because of the upcoming changes with taking out PDD/Aspergers.. two, a diagnosis of "autism" will sometimes get you more help/services than PDD.. three, no one knows how far our kids can and will go,...
My son is 32 months and his language is similar. His diagnosis is autism. He has well over 100 words.. most of his language is "labelling" (car, truck, pink, A-Z, 1-20, animals, etc etc etc) or "requesting" via one word (up, down, help, snack, drink, etc etc). 90% of his phrases are scripted (copied verbatim from tv, me, or his dad, or a song he heard, etc). You might want to ask if they can evaluate your son for autism. My son was given the ADOS test. My son needs...