or Connect

Posts by Mom2Fin

We just got back from a trip to the beach. While we were there we were on the poarch of our condo looking at the baby turtles in the pond. Our DD-6 dropped hers over the balcony by accident which led to the discussion that my DS who is 2 could give his "bop" to the baby turtles as well. He proceeded to throw his bop over the porch and that was the last of them for both of our kids Needless to say, our DD acted like it was the end of the world for about an hour and our DS...
Hi everyone, My DH's brother and wife are moving to China for four years with their three daughters andwe are planning to visit next summer for a few weeks. I am just wondering if anyone knows about vaccinations? We live in NC and have a religious exemption which we use for our dd who is in public school. Our kiddos will be 7 and 3 when we go...Any suggestions? Do you think we are safe going without vaxes and do you think they would say anything to us once we are over...
I guess really they were given on an empty stomach. He ate a little dinner around 6ish and then it was around 10 that I gave the dose. The dr. called back and felt like it wasn't the meds, but a bug instead...He seems to be feeling better now but still think the meds might have played a part.
I have a 2 yo DS who has been on Amoxicillin since Monday night. Last night I gave it to him after he had been asleep a while b/c we forgot to give it to him with dinner Around 3 he woke up vomiting, and proceeded to vomit another two times after that within 3-4 hours. He wanted to eat this morning so I have given him some saltines and water and he has kept them down with no problems.... Has anyone else seen this with their LO's? Any suggestions would be greatly...
Thanks so much for your fast responses! I think that I will cancel the appt we have with the ENT and just see if we have any more bouts with it...I think part of it is her starting kindergarten this year, I went back to work as a kindergarten TA at her school, 2 yo DS started weekday school and DH is a high school art teacher As if we aren't exposed to enough germs as it is!!! I still feel like we would be jumping to conclusions to even think about surgery...
I do throw the toothbrushes away after every time! No we haven't been tested, but that's a good idea. And we don't have anything but a goldfish! I will say that this past time my 2 yo DS caught it as well...
Hi guys, I have an almost 6yo DD who has tested positive for strep 2 times since Feb. The first time she was put on a 7 day antibiotic and got feeling better, but on the 8th day, the fever and sore throat came back and she was put on a 10 day dose of a different antibiotic. Then the other day, had sore throat and fever and tested positive for strep. She is currently on a 10 day antibiotic for this. They are sending her on an Eye, ear nose and throat Dr. to see if...
Hi everyone, My cousin's then 3 year old DD was diagnosed in August of 2009 with Transverse Mylitis. It started with a high fever, vomiting and headache and proceeded to land her in the hospital. They first diagnosed her with viral Meningitis but as she began to loose the use of her legs, they continued to run tests. Eventually they came to the diagnosis of "Transverse Mylitis." After her stay in the hospital lasted weeks and continued PT she now has use of her left leg...
Interesting, My cousin's 3 year old DD is in the hospital right now with viral meningitis. She has lost temporary use of her legs and they are really scared. I think they are using steroids to help reduce the swelling and the doctor said at could take a few days until they see any change. On a side note, as I researched Meningitis it seemed that it was related to Polio. Is that true? My kiddos are partly vaxed (I started, but then discovered the dangers and stopped. We...
Thanks guys! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I made an appt with Kanelos a while back but since we had already had one "well visit" for my 5 y/o dd, insurance wouldn't pay for another one. I just wanted to get them in should something happen. We don't do any more "well baby visits" and don't plan to go to the dr unless someone has a broken bone or I can't stop the bleeding :-) Right now, I have done a religious exemption for my dd to start kindergarten (I vaxed...