or Connect

Posts by CinnamonDeMarco

The brainstorming was great. I see two groups here Pro-SAHMers They believe SAHMing is ideal. They say things like, "Be a SAHM. It is great! It's benefits are _____." Their fault is: Some of them bash WOHMs-by-choice, "Why even have kids if all you care about is money? You dump off your kids..." Moms-For-Equality They believe SAHMing is not generally ideal. It is best for some, and not for other families. Each family decides for themselves what is best for...
I like I get to spend my day with the people I love the most. I know exactly what my kids are doing all the time. Always being there to nurture them. But I can't take a nap- ever. My son doesn't nap. My son makes me read books I find boring. When I try to do something like, read, type sew, little hands "help me." (mess it up)
I disagree. I think SAHMing is ideal. I respect your view, however. I will not try to silence you in any way. Please, express yourself freely. I expect that you will also respect my view. I am free to express myself too. I will talk about my views on another thread because this one is for you guys. (I think we are practising all getting along on this forum so I think it is appriopriate to add this. If this not a practise of all getting along, but really a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pynki Why does the pro stay at home faction get defacto acceptance while the Moms for equality get the shaft of, well, you're allowed here, but don't try to call us on being bigots? HOW is that working. Both pro-SAHMers and "moms for equality" get to post without being slamed. Neither gets the shaft. No one gets to bully the other ones. If a pro-SAHMer can't say anything pro-SAHMing without being called a...
Do we agree to my plan? If you disagree say so. If you have other ideas, you can say them. When I read this I will feel like we resolved something; "I admit I did say, "They should have never had kids if the dump them off on day care...and a lot of other nasty things. I now realise that was not nice. I can express myself in a more respectful way." and "I have called pro-SAHMs judgemental many times. I was hypersensetive and I was looking to defend WOHM from...
Okay so I am still thinking about allowing Pro-SAHMing statments. Here is how it should look; OP: I am 9 months pregnant and thinking of being a SAHM. I'm afraid I'll be bored and miss my friends at work. What should I do? response by me, A pro-SAHMer Yes, do it! You can stay ion touch with friends after becomming a mom. You will know for sure your child is cared for my the woman who loves her most - YOU. You can breastfeed on demand. You will make so many...
I agree with MommyMine. I see hypersensitive WOHM defenders on here. Strangly, some of them are SAHMs. You can not be Pro-SAHMing without them telling you you are wrong, judgemntal and WOHMing is so valuable. They are not making the "I statements" they wish pro-SAHMs had to stick with. They probably think they are stopping the Mommy Wars from startinng, but they actually are causing the Mommy Wars. People on the same side don't war.
These are great topics for other threads.
MDC has a board for schooling and one for homeschooling. The homeschoolers are allowed to be pro-homeschooling without being called judgemental. If someone came in and said they are offended because people are saying "homeschooling is the best." that complainer would be viewed as the problem and the one starting debate. Let's consider this...What about allowing pro-SAHM statements, like "SAHMing is the best." The one who comes to say it is wrong and judgemental is...
Quote: Originally Posted by EVC Personally, I would avoid terms like "best" and "ideal." Inteade, I would say things like "in my experience," "what I like about it is", "what I find difficult is," etc. For the first question, I would first ask WHY the poster is unhappy and what specifically makes her feel that way. Then I would offer advice and support. With number 2, I would go with pros and cons from my experience and ask her to think about whether...