or Connect

Posts by CinnamonDeMarco

I am honest about my beliefs just so you know where I am comming from. Whether or not you agree with me isn't the point. If you believe in day care or SAHDads or whatever, don't let that distract you from my point because this point is very serious. Consider it before you add a rule to the sticky. How can I encourage SAHMing and talk about it's benefits and not break the rules? la mamita had some nice suggestions. I just imagine me responding to to a "I am ambivalant...
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueNote You can avoid "breaking the rule" by saying that for you, specifically, SAHM is awesome. It is not for everyone. It is not the great wonderful solution to everything for everyone. I understand that feelings get in the way and we all want everyone to experience being a SAHM like we do, but that's simply impossible. Some women are just not capable of staying home, even if they wanted to. That doesn't...
One possible solution is not saying SAHMing is ideal. Let's pretend right now that we have this rule in place. Now how does it work? What do we say when someone says "I'm not a happy SAHM. I wonder if DD would be better off in day care. Why am I doing this? Can anyone prove to me that SAHMing really benefits kids?" or "My husband just got a raise. I could quit my job. Should I be a SAHM?" I want to say, "Be a SAHM! SAHMing is the best because..." How can I say...
Quote: Originally Posted by KatyMom Have any of you even taken the time to read the long-a** post that took me 15 minutes to write with a sleeping toddler on my lap. These are exactly the kinds of exchanges I was talking about. If you really want to change to tone of this forum...it must be a community effort. The whole tone must change, the nit-picking must stop. BTW - just so I'm clear, this is a forum for SAHM's not WOHM's right. If you come on...
Quote: Originally Posted by numom499 But artgoddess, there are all kinds of threads all over MDC, dogpiling, formula by choice feeders, csection by choice feeders...have you looked at any of the military smily threads? I mean, isn't life all about choices? Is it only okay to make value judgements about the "types" of people that we don't have a lot of frequenting MDC (ff by choice, war supporters, etc) whereas since we have more working moms here, we...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe I think it really depends on your child and the daycare. My DS#1 would not do well at all in daycare, but my DS#2 would proably like it. Did you work in day care?
Quote: Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe This is what I did. Artgoddess, you are the only one who gave me support. Others said I was being judgmental. I'd like to be able to say that I believe that making a child a higher priority above having nice material things is good parenting. (if you have to sacrifice the needs of your child to get the nice things is what I'm talking about. ... However, when I have a personal experience where I see a child's...
Quote: Originally Posted by KatyMom Accusing others of censoring is just childish, however, and it makes us all look silly. Some people here believe that no one should post things like, "SAHMing is the best thing for babies." They think it is 1. untrue 2. offensive and judgemental 3. just going to lead into all heck breaking loose On our most recent blocked thread someone said the solution to our problems is to not say "SAHMing is...
I think the conflict is mostly between us SAHMs. I think we disagree on whether SAHMing is ideal. I think that is our main problem. We don't disagree nicely. I think certain things are ideal. Breastfeeding is ideal. Natural birth is ideal. Kids shouldn't watch a lot of TV, ideally I can freely say these things on MDC. The odd person may point out how these things are not always true. They may say... "What if the child has a cleft palate and can't nurse...
Aren't we all tired of threads turning into the same old arguements and getting locked?