or Connect

Posts by CinnamonDeMarco

I am one of those "preschool homeschoolers" and I don't think you are narrow minded. I would probably feel the same way if my kids were older. I sincerely hope you get the support you need from other Moms (with older kids) on this board.
When I student taught in Kindergarten, flash cards were the best tool. Each card had the upper and lower case letter and a picture of something that started with the letter. The vowels had two cards, one for the long sound one for the short sound. G and C had two cards one for the hard sound one for the soft sound. We would say the letter name, object AND THE SOUND. So we would say A apple "aaa" A acorn "A" B book "bbb" C celery "ssss" ...
I think if children are not in school, and learning "school skills" they are homeschooling. It's hard to define school skills but they include learning letters and numbers. A six month old can't be homeschooled but a four year old may be. If the parent wants to unschool and the child is unmotivated (perhaps due to some bad school experiences in the past) and chooses to watch music videos all day long, I don't consider that homeschooling. That is just a school...
Yes! This is a good thread. My son is 2 and we have a very short lesson time in the morning. He is learning to count objects and he knows some shapes. We also read Bible stories and sing songs during the lessons. I put him on the waiting list of a well respected preschool but I didn't enroll him. Here are some reasons (reasons are in no particilar order) 1. $500 a month for half a day. We can't afford it. 2. Transportation would be a big hassle 3. ...
These rings and sponges...how do you feel during sex? I mean do you feel them? Does the, er, man feel it? I use a diaphram and we can't feel it.
I was a transfered home birther too. My son was breathing really shallow for a couple hours after of birth. They put an IV on him and didn't try to feed him. They acted like breastfeeding him was unnecessary. A couple nurses told me, "You're milk didn't come in yet." as if there is no point in breastfeeding if the milk isn't in. I can't believe they work with newborns and are so uneducated! I can't believe they had the nerve to say those stupid things to me. ...
When my son was a newborn in the nursery at the hospital I told a nurse I wanted to breastfeed him and she said, "We usually bottle feed them so we know how much they eat." If I had whipped out a free bottle of Similac the nurse would have had no problem. I had to go to the doctor in charge to get "permission" to breastfeed him. Isn't that outrageous! Here is another story. When my son was 8 months old he had a terrrible cold and my husband insisited we...
I know what you mean. And no, there is nothing wrong with staying home a few days each week. I had a similar experience with church. I went to church with my friend a few times and this church had tons of activities. They had clubs, sports, parties and more. A lot of them were supposed to start at 7:00p.m. In reality they started much later and ran for hours. If I was a single person, with no children this church would have been perfect for me. BUT I was...
For those of you that had husbands who were less than thrilled with the idea of homeschooling, how did you convince them to try it? After considering putting my son in preschool, I desided homeschooling is the best choice for our family. I recently overheard my husband asking our two year old if he wanted to go to school. I cringed. I don't want him to go to school. I really need to have a serious talk with my husband about it. My husband doesn't think that...
I recently overheard my husband ask our two year old son if he wants to go to school. I cringed because I don't want him to go to school. I want to convince my husband to keep our children out of school. (children are 2 yrs and 7 months) My husband knows I am a capable teacher. I have taught my children a lot already. I have a teaching degree and I taught in a school. He knows they could get a good education at home. He also knows the socialization of school...