or Connect

Posts by CinnamonDeMarco

Quote: Originally Posted by nextcommercial I have been doing in home day care for 20 years. I pray that no one ever looks back on their years with me and has those feelings. But in all honesty, I know of at least two kids that I did not treat fairly. It makes me sick to look back on my own younger, pre-child years and remember how I treated these kids. I know I am a better provider now....but this still haunts me. Oh this brought tears...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pynki Isn't that devaluing SAHP-ing though? I mean. Saying you're a SAHP should be enough. I shouldn't have to "fudge" what I do to make it more palatable to the general public. Remember we are sticking to "I statements." (I'm just messing with you. I see your point and I have thought the same thing myself) I think my SAHMing is so valuable. I don't want to mislead anyone about what I do. I can say it. I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamawanabe And I kinda resent your continuing implication that I am somehow trying to "police" this forum. It is rude. It isn't that I think it shouldn't be allowed, I am saying I think it isn't allowed (there is an importanmt sematic difference). Wow. I already appologized for calling you the politically-correct-police. So do we all agree that we ARE allowed to say "SAHMing is the best" on MDC? Either...
Please give me the benefit of the doubt.
Quote: Originally Posted by hhurd By seemingly ignoring dad's ability and responsibility to care for their children, that to me implies you think that dads are "sub-par." If you think that fathers are just as good at caring for their children as mothers, than that is not coming across in your posts. Of course I'm speaking generally here. Individual results may vary... Where is that in my posts?
I also want to be able to say, "SAHMing is the best for kids. It is ideal for young children." Not everyone agrees that it should be allowed. Mama wannabe is one person who doesn't think it should be allowed. She is not just saying, "I disagree." she is saying "You can't say that on MDC." Is she right? Is it not allowed? If we allow ourselves to disagree, we (collectively) do need to take alisaterry's advice and stop trying to censor and be offended by posts we...
That wording is just like my version of The Discipline Book except minus the water and bread punishment. I swear I am not lying, it is really in my book.Mine is copyrighted in 1995. I guess he softened his stance on it later. I am glad he doesn't advise it anymore. PinkPixie is it a power struggle? If you gave him permission to wet his pants and made it no big deal would he choose to use the bathroom after a while? It is really more convient that cleaning up the...
Quote: Originally Posted by la mamita You know, I had this whole post written out about how I found this post and your original post on the subject to be judgemental and really unaware that a family could have a situation in which working nights/weekends could be the best choice for them, about how you assume that all female cashiers working the weekend shift have school-aged children, about how you are really labeling fathers as subpar parents and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Marsupialmom Wow!!! That is not how his site is about pooping in your pants. It talks about the most common cause constipation. I don't remember reading that in the book but it has been a few years. He talks about constipation also. He advises to check for that first. His punishment advice is really shocking.
Quote: Originally Posted by Yooper I also want to know why, once again, the blame is put on the mothers. Mom needs to work weekends or nights? She is just "dumping" the kids on thier father. First off, why is anyone being blamed. And second, why the mother? When children are in school they go M-F whether their parents are working or not. If a parent has 2 weekdays off and works weekends, that means the children do not get to spend a day...