or Connect

Posts by CinnamonDeMarco

Are you sure there is nothing physically wrong? Is he afraid of the bathroom? If you are sure he is purposly doing it, that is very frustrating. I was really surprised to read that Dr. Sears advises punishing children over 6 years old for purposly pooping in their pants. First you teach them to clean up the poopy pants. I am quoting from The Discipline Book. If they continue to poop "Calmly say (not at all in a punitive tone) 'The next time you dirty your pants...
Quote: Originally Posted by elliemama I guess I'd love to hear from people who can prove to me that SAHMing really does benefit children - that would boost my morale tremendously! Is that allowed on this forum? That kind of thing starts a lot of trouble. I think that it is unfortunate. I started a thread in parenting. I asked if any former day care workers think day care is good for kids. You are welcome to lurk there. I suggest you...
I think we all are aware of what mamawaanabe thinks is acceptable on this forum. Now how do we all come to an agreement on what is acceptable? Let's deal with this now and get it over with. Do we vote on it? Like SAHMing is the best for kids vote 1 if you think that is okay to say vote 2 if you think that is not allowed Do we ask the moderator what is okay? Do we have seperate threads for those who think it's best and those that don't. Like how the...
Quote: Originally Posted by urklemama Something creepy I have noticed about people with postgraduate degrees in early childhood education is that they get really really good at justifying to themselves that they value their program over the child - if a child is suffering, it's not because there's something wrong with the program or that it's a bad match; oh no no no. The child, the 3 or 4 year old child, has a problem, and has to "make a change," in...
Okay I am sorry I called you the poltically-correct police.
"SAHMing is best for kids. I think everyone should be a SAHM until their kids are 5 years old." That is not demeaning. That is not allowed here. This is demeaning, "This is so sad. Mrs. X put her child in day care and because she did that, I know she is a really bad mother. I don't think she loves her kids like I do." If I am interpreting it wrong please explain because I really want to be clear on this.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pynki The restrictions are there for good reason. MDC is not immune to the mommy wars which is why some of us are so vigilant against even the smallest whiff of starting off another brush fire. Can someone please figure out how to get us all to come into an agreement about what is acceptable? If we are to avoid the Mommy wars at all costs - by even saying that we can't hint that SAHMing is best - fine. I can...
I don't want the restriction we have in SAHMing on WOHMs either. If they think WOHMing is the best - good for them.
Quote: Originally Posted by mamawanabe Of coruse, we don't have to make wohms happy about their choices in this forum - we are here to talk about the unique joys and challenges of sahms. Homeschooling theeads happen in a different cultural context (one much less fraught with motehr blame); saying that homeschooling is better than public school doesn't turn into a direct personal attack on other mothers as it often does in this forum and in any...
Quote: Originally Posted by Heffernhyphen My ds is almost three now and still shows a STRONG preference for mommy, particularly two parts of mommy. It hurts dh's feelings so much when ds cries for me, calls for me when dh is trying to put him to bed. It's not necessarily a stage, it's a preference. I just read today that if the mother is the one to be at the child's beck and call most of the time, it stands to reason that it is her care the child...