or Connect

Posts by CinnamonDeMarco

My Dh would be fine with having the TV on 24/7. I disagree. We compromise by watching children's TV in the evenings (no earlier than 6:30, often later) until our 2.5 year old falls asleep. Then he turns on Court TV or something. This is moderate compared to all my friends IRL. I think 4 hours is too much. Here is how I figure it... My son is awake 12 hours a day. 4 hours is one third of his life. It's 28 hours, like a part-time job. TV should not be that prominant...
I am not seeing any glowing recommendations for day care centers from people who have actually worked in them. "It's better than being in a neglectful/abusive home." doesn't sound like you think it is good. It's just better than some bad homes. I'm not sure what people mean by saying, "It's not good, but not damaging." Swebster, your home-day care sounded awsome. I did child care in my home for 1-2 children (plus my one son). I felt the children would have...
I have read a few posts saying something like, "I used to work in day care and I know I never want my kids in day care." I used to work in day care too. I also do not want my kids to go to day care. I just read a thread about a SAHM who is wondering if her child would be better off in day care full time and I thought, "She has obviously never worked in a day care and doesn't really know what goes on there." But maybe I am wrong. Is there there anyone who really...
I think you did a lot of stuff with them yesterday. I don't go to the beach after running errands. The beach is tiring. All that salt water is so relaxing. When you get home you have to bathe and clean sand out of your bag and all. I know I would be tired. So don't feel like you are a wimp because you were tired. I hesitate to say, "Use videos." because My friends IRL and I started off using videos and TV to babysit the kids and it went overboard and got out of...
Thanks for the encouragement. I do need to put his pee-pee pants in the diaper pail. My diaper pail has a lid to contain the stink. I do use baking soda in the regular wash now, because my laundry is so nasty. It really works well. Hopefully the drier will get fixed soon. I used to chant, "You pee-peed in the potty." a couple times when he would pee in there. He really liked it. It's been months and I am really bored with the chant but I guess I'll chant again. ...
I can't get everything done in one day. Toddlers get too tired and cranky. I usually only go to 2 places in a day. Snacks are always good. My son loves books but it is hard to read to him and shop so I made him a little photo album. I used those pictures that are not really good enough to be in the family's albums. I switched pictures every once in a while. I kept the albums in our bag. He would look at them while I shop. Those albums kept him happy for months.
I think she did say Ezzo. I got the authors confused. I thought the LLL meeting was bizarre. I am still considering leadership. Sadly, if I don't do it, there may be no LLL on our island. Thanks for the encouragement. I need it.
I don't use hired help to maintain my quitting time. I can't afford it. If I could afford to hire someone, I would hire someone to deep clean my kitchen and bathroom once every few months. My kitchen and bathroon could really use a deep cleaning right now. I am good at getting daily housework done. I still need to improve on getting the weekly and monthly cleaning done. I wouldn't hire anyone to take care of my children. That is not meant to pass judgement on anyone...
I wonder if this happens at you LLL meetings. I live in an area where AP is not the norm. We usually get a few new Moms at each LLL meeting. I would expect everyone at a LLL to be very pro-breastfeeding, but the new Moms ---- Are ---interesting. One new Mom with a 2 week old was telling everyone she prefered feeding through bottles because she could see how much the baby eats. Once when he was breastfeeding he vomited. He must have overeaten. Bottles prevent...
Arg! I am so frustrated! I promise I have never punished him for wetting his pants. Today I thought, "Maybe I could draw a frown face on a poster every time he wets his pants." That sounds crazy though. I just want a little encouragement and maybe some suggestions for positive solutions. My son will be 3 years old this summer. He uses the potty. He knows how to use it independantly. He can pull down his pants and everything. He was using it well except when he...