or Connect

Posts by CinnamonDeMarco

Quote: Originally Posted by mamasaurus Another thing I realized is that I try not to put too much emphasis on my quitting time being after the girls are in bed. Because sometimes that pushes me to get them in bed a little sooner, or before they are really ready. I'd rather make my quitting time not *directly* related to them. Instead make it something when the kitchen is clean after dinner, THEN it's my quitting time. I do that too. I quit...
Quote: Originally Posted by chersolly I don't feel bad for her. She can wipe her tears with $100 dollar bills. I don't feel sorry for her but I am sad that MDC Moms critisized her for tripping. It was an accident!
I am not proud to admit; I vaxed my children without understanding what I was really doing. I don't want to vax the kids again (or deside not to vax) until I do some real research. I have tried googling info on vaxes and it was very overwhelming and confusing. I don't have a medical background and I really didn't understand some of the technical articles. I don't know the abbreviations. I don't understand some of the medical terms. I'm not familar with all the...
Yes, I worked in daycare as a teacher and later, a director (manager, but not the owner) It further motivated to be a SAHM. I don't want my kids in day care. The day care I managed was pretty good, but not as good as me, Mommy, ya know? I learned how to take care of newborns, and what is normal and what is something a doctor should check. I also had realistic expectations about SAHMing because of my experience in day care. I've taken care of several 6 week...
http://www.speedysbvi.com/safaritours/home.html This is my public transportation. I don't think it would make sense for me to stick with public transportation because traveling by car with no car seats is much more dangerous. They both seem risky to me. That is why I thought it was strange that people think sticking with public transportation is a solution. I guess large buses could be safer. Even in the states, when you ride a bus to go shopping, or walk to the...
Quote: Originally Posted by crissei I may be judgemental in saying this but I dont care. To the PP that take their babies out to nurse; It irks the snot out of me that you do this by choice! I can't belive you are using nursing as a valid excuse! You said you took the baby out of the car seat because s/he couldn't breathe. That is an understandable reason, and good for you that the car was able to get pulled over. Have you ever considered...
I think it's weird that people think riding public transportation with babies is okay, yet riding in a car with no car seats horrible. I think they are both risky. Obviously, I take the risk. Here is a picture of the kind of safari I ride in. I never thought it was any safer than riding in as car with no car seat. I hope this link works http://www.speedysbvi.com/safaritours/home.html ETA: We have safe roads and don't drive really fast. We don't have real...
How do you do it Zach's mom?
I'm glad people understand why it is very hard for me to use car seats, however I just want to say (again) that this is not just an issue for those who live abroad. Just in case you aren't familar with The Virgin Islands, it is very modern. We have cell phones, SUVs and McDonalds. We have most of the luxeries available in the states. Saying, "Okay for you, but people in the states must use car seats, is missing the point. It's hard in the states...
Yes this thread is so good. Did anyone try quitting time? I find it gets easier and even more enjoyable over time.